Muzzy Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bowtech life, Feb 12, 2013.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I had to guess Crafted is code for packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ferrules and tips are made in the usa. Blades, like most all broadhead blades are made overseas.

I'm going to send some complaints to muzzy about the ad. This was my fear when rage bought them. :(

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Horrible.

4. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I received a response from a guy high up in muzzy who is good, honest guy.
    He said that muzzy doesn't like this ad either and they are trying hard to protect their integrity.
    He said that marketing is not controlled muzzy so all they can do is protest too.

Imagine how bad that would suck to not have control of how your products are marketed. Particularly a company that never jumped on the expandable bandwagon.

He said he would forward my complaints. I recommend others also let muzzy know they dont like this direction so those complaints get forwarded too.

5. MyNewZXT

MyNewZXT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks. I know all too well how that goes. The sm business I worked for was purchased by a large company. They claimed to have purchased us for our process but after the purchase it seemed all they wanted was our customer list. They ran the business into the ground.
    I work somewhere else now.

6. Skyman

Skyman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    well this has gone somewhere else, but personally i felt like i had to shoot something like the rage this year just because i couldnt get the muzzy's to fly like i wanted them to and this caused loss of confidence for me. last year was my first year hunting and if i didnt learn anything but having confidence in your equipment it was a year well spent. i will be trying to get back to using the muzzys this year as my dad and grandpa use them and they love them. just need to get them to fly the way i want them to!!!!

7. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    That is exactly the wrong reason to use an expandable. If a muzzy will not fly like a dart from your bow, it is not tuned properly. A bow that is not tuned properly and a large expandable are a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately, you are among the majority of Rage shooters. The head itself is not horrible, but shot from a poor setup, it is.

8. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    If you have contact information, I would gladly express my concerns.

9. bowtech life

bowtech life Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ya rages arent worth your time in my opinion because of their failures that the blades have

10. MyNewZXT

MyNewZXT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hyjack your thread. I agree with the others, tune your bow first. Personally I use CoC heads and love them, but there is nothing wrong with your muzzy broadheads. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Fix the real problem or like fletch said, it won't matter what broadhead you shoot, your problem is a tuning issue with the bow.

take it to a proshop and tell them you want to do some paper tuning and the problem you're having.

11. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use about 3 different heads when I hunt. I shoot my Muzzy mx3 in certain stands...and Rage chisels out of certain stands. This year I'm gonna hunt with Swhackers instead of rage....but still had good luck with Rage....but there blades seem to easy to break. When it comes to fixed blade...I love the mx3's. Either those or Thunderhead razors.

12. Skyman

Skyman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well thanks for the suggestions. Will have my bow tuned properly this year lol.

13. bowtech life

bowtech life Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ya the mx3 is all i use now i tried the rages, too many mechanical failures and ive tried the grim reapers but nothing amounts up to the muzzy mx3

14. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I love muzzys. Not just for the dependability but for the availability. I do a week long camp every year and it seems that every shop or store that sells anything to do with archery has some muzzys. It's nice not having to go searching every shop to find some new or unusual broad head.

15. bowtech life

bowtech life Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ya i have noticed that

16. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My mx3's fly great on my carbon express Mayhem Hunter 350's. It may be due to the weight forward they have....not sure. All I know is they didn't fly all that great on my Beman ics hunters that I use to have. A guy told me to try the mayhem hunters...boy was he ever right.

17. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MUZZY MUZZY MUZZY MUZZY lol nuff said. jk but i love mine and i wont be changing Ever until muzzy has another amazing 4 blade. But personal preference like everything else in everywhere. but others input is always a good helper.

18. bowtech life

bowtech life Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ya i use the carbon express mayhem hunter 350's also

19. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

so the head is responsible for the wounded deer......false and quite ignorant.......i could wound a deer just as easy with my muzzys or any of my other heads as i could with a rage.....it's the hunter.....it's not the head regardless of what ads say......if you don't like the ads that's fine but don't blame the head for some people's lack of common sense when it comes to shooting at an animal......even though i don't like using them it is one of the number one selling heads for a reason and for the people that i know that use them it has nothing to do with the campaign that rage puts forth it's more along the lines of a massive hole through both lungs that has much less of a chance of getting "plugged" up like a smaller cut could do

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Putting words in my mouth not only makes you look ignorant. I proves you haven't a clue as to what I was saying. I really dont have the time or patience to explain it to you, so I will leave it at that. Most folks here know exactly what I meant. Maybe one of them will be kind enough to fill you in.