HELP! I have horrible target panic!

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by rackaddict, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking I would definitely try to get it resolved on something other than 3D. You don't want that being reinforced.

When I shot 3D targtes I was always so focused on trying to hit the heart outline that I developed TP a little. When I began viewing the larger killzone as my target and centering on it, TP went away. Again trying too hard to be perfect is what causes it for me. Relax... this is supposed to be fun.

2. Pinnacle Archery

Pinnacle Archery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed...I think mine is mostly in my head on the 3d course...doesnt usually bug me too bad until the end of the day!

3. nwflycaster

nwflycaster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had target panic in the form of my entire right arm flinching in anticipation of the shot. Rarely did I release the arrow when this happened, only a few times, but I would have to start my shot sequence all over again. The more I practiced, the worse I was getting. I switched from a wrist strap with trigger release to a back tension hinge release. It has been a year since the switch and I have not had so much as a single flinch since. I figured if there was no trigger, finger or thumb I couldn't punch it or anticipate the shot. It worked for me but everybody is different so it may not help you, just another option to try.