Need new truck tires.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Oly44, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought that was a pretty good price too. Im excited to get them on. Ive never had a truck with a brand new set of tires on it. Everything has been 2nd or 3rd hand vehicles so they have always been worn down.

2. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im not sure. I know the load range is "E"

3. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Load range E=10 ply :tu: load range D=8 ply

I'm a big fan of 10 ply tires

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well i got 10 ply then lol What is the difference with 10 and 8 ply ?

5. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2 duh:D

sent from my samsung note 2

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's basically the strength of the tire. 10 plys have a higher load rating, meaning you can haul more without risking blowing a tire out. 10 ply tires also last longer wear-wise. People say they ride rougher than 8 ply tires, but in my truck I can't tell the difference. My truck rides like a log wagon no matter what tires I put on it.

7. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Smartass :lol:
    Okay makes sense. I figured it had something to do with that but i wasn't exactly sure.

8. ttraveler

ttraveler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking at putting some new tires on my truck this year as well. Oly, keep us posted as to how they work out for you on the highway (noise, mileage) as well as in the woods. Put up some pictures of them once you get them on! Thanks!

9. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah ill keep you posted. They should be on by tuesday so ill have pictures then. Ill be able to give you an update at the G2G on how they are doing.

10. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had mine for about 4,000 miles now, so I can't help much on wear. But traction wise, these things go through about anything. Road noise is less than expected for such an aggressive tire. I have 285/75r16s, and they start humming at about 60 mph. The road noise doesn't bother me at all, I wouldn't even care if they were louder :lol:

11. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I ran procomp extreme AT's 305x65 R18 and got 35,000 on them until they started to cup and hum like whoa down the highway. I think they were a little too knobby for the driving I was doing. My current set is nitto terra grapplers, same size as mentioned above and I'm on 45,000 miles this set with lots of tread leftover. They're quieter down the blacktop and still look much better than stock tires. They're also easy on the wallet!

12. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wild country MTX's really fairly priced an will dig you outta whatever. I accidentally got my blazer stuck to where it was almost sittin on the frame an with a few shovelfuls of gravel an some 4lo I made it out no problem. I swear by these, they clean their tread out amazingly well also. image.jpg

13. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i dont think it would bother me any either. My truck is already loud so a little humming from the tires wont be a big deal.

14. ttraveler

ttraveler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oly, Do you have any pictures to post for me>>>>>?Thanks!

15. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They serving there I just couldn't take pictures today due to the rain. I'll probably get out tomorrow and take a few. They look sweet though.

16. nchunter

nchunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cooper AT-3's Truck is Leveled F150 using Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Icon Tubular Upper Control Arms, and Custom Alcan Rear 9 pack progressive spring pack, With Fox shocks. Wheels are 18x8.5 Cepek's. It all started by needed new tires, which then had me thinking about new rear shocks, which progressed to the front coilovers and UCA's and culminating with the new rear springs. I guess I could have stopped at the tires, however, the ride is unbelievable compared to stock. Its a beast offroad on our 10,000 acre lease. Next up are flush mount Rigid Backup lights, LED Bedlights, and a 30" LED light bar for the front grill. They along with custom illuminated switches are sitting in a cabinet in my garage. However, the wallet and my marriage need a break before I pay for the install of phase two, which is the lighting. I am a co-owner of an outfitting service, so I justify it as necessities.
    To keep the thread on topic, the Cooper AT-3 is a great tire. Its awesome in the carolina mud, great in the rain and was even good in the snow I drove in this winter. Im running a 275-70-18 which is about a 33.5" They are also very quiet on the highway. It was a tossup between these and the Duratracs. Cooper won me over, since they are made in the USA.
    [​IMG]

17. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's nice looking truck. I think it will stay at just tires for this truck lol maybe in the future I'll get all fancy with my next truck but this one will be just the necessary things to keep it running. Until it dies for good.

18. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    Nitto trail grappler just put them on my jeep and love them I used to always go with bf Goodrich but these are a smoother ride and a more aggressive look.

19. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I have discover cooper AT maxx. Theyre awesome. Wear great and do awesome in mudd for a all terrain tire.[​IMG]

Tyler Rector BHOD prostaff

20. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good! Need some exhaust now, not for the sound being an outfitter truck but for the bigger pipe coming out the back. But maybe I'm the only redneck that likes that kind of thing haha