Illinois gun owners

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by cls74, Jan 2, 2013.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just watched the whole 3.5 hours. All I can say is wow. Everything that was suggested are for most part laws that are put into place or things that we already do so apparently we need more laws because they can't enforce what we have. All I got was they want to raise the cost of foid cards to fund background checks, which I thought we already paid when you purchased a firearm. And wait on passing ccw until they fix the foid card system and the ways they determine if someone is really legal to purchase firearms. Good stuff ha

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Start hitting the phones and emails hard again, they're going to try and NY us, only we will have a few days to react where they did not. From Todd Vandermyde(NRA lobbyist in the hearing yesterday)

"We have just learned that the shell bill HB-1155 will be used for a series of amendments ALL dealing with the issue of Right to Carry.

Expect numerous amendments in any way shape and form that you can imagine to slice and dice and maybe get gotcha votes against our supporters.
    If you saw the testimony yesterday, they don;t want you to be able to be anywhere near where alcohol is being served. As an example. We also know the antis really.
    Now is the time to call your state representatives, email them, hit their facebook pages and tell them NO BAD BILL, NO BAD AMENDMENTS.
    We know they will try and pass a MAY issue amendment, they will try to jack up fees. They will try to delay the implimentation of the law.
    They want a regulatory ban on carrying so we have to go back to court.
    It all starts on Tuesday at Noon. Sound the klaxon "

3. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    The thing I really hate about all this is everything they stated yesterday as concern are Chicago problems. The concers that were brought up were mostly because of things that really only happen there and many of the things people wanted are already stated in the bill that's been introduced, so either they don't pay attention or don't care to read what's actually in there.

4. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HERES MY ANSWER TO THEN AND THESE LAWS "GO F YOURSELF"
    you want my guns come and get'em.
    this stuff is complete bullcrap and they wonder why everyone that is good for the state keeps leaving

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, but that's what we're up against. Todd put it best when he said they were right, Chicago is special. Especially abusive to its citizens rights.

They would love to be able to say, after completing 500 hours of range training and paying a nonrefundable $2500 application fee we "may" issue you an overly restrictive permit but probably won't because it was rumored you dipped Susie's piggy tail in an ink well in your kindergarten class.

Corrupt is as corrupt does.

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:

Yea listening to Todd talk was really the only thing worth the whole 3 hours. The rest of it made it obvious they have no intention of letting anything pass unless its full of limitations. They keep blaming illegal activity on the rest of us and idk how they can't see after there's been places that already voted by a pretty big majority to allow concealed carry. They keep goin back to the background check thing when in fact most if not all that will be applying for a permit have already been submitted to a background check if they have a foid card, not to mention having another one everytime you purchase a firearm with very few exeptions. They also bring up internet sales which from what I've seen very few places will ship firearms let alone ammo to anyone in this state without havimg it go through a ffl or at very least have copy of foid card for ammo. How is it anyone but the system can be blamed for that fid card system to be screwed up, its not like its a new concept we've had it for at least as long as I can remember which is 15 years. And the excuse to keep bringing up out messed up Chicago is is getting a little old, maybe some of the people in charge there need to be looked at since they can't control it.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Their whole mentality is deranged. IL is the only state to require a FOID card. Without going back and watching it again I can't say who said it, but one of them wanted to tack in an extra charge to FOID cards to supplement their "ideas" on how to fix the system. They now want to try to make us pay for background checks separately, I thought that was part of the FFL purchasing $25 fee. Most places charge 50 now.

I hated the way the anti-gunners were asked their thoughts on how to implement wording into bills, yet the lady from the sisters group(can't remember their name) wasn't asked a single question, and the questions asked Todd were open ended.

"Do you agree that if we can change something to make it safer we should do it?" So open ended, I he says yes they use t against him saying NRA supports a magazine ban that will be safer. He says no, they do the same thing saying they don't want it safer. Then when he won't answer directly they get hostile. It was more of an interrogation than it was a fact finding. Typical corruption at its best.

It's sickening, and I'm going to go throw up again.

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A bit of clarification and new info.

Apparently what is now going on is Madigan and all the anti-gunners are going to try and amend HB1155 with a bad carry bill, ammunition limits, gun bans and anything else they can muster up. Our NRA endorsed HB0997 is stuck in committee so they are going to try and highjack HB1155 by shooting down all their amendments and entering the text from HB0997 into it. If all goes well it could actually goto vote and be sent to the senate by Thursday evening.

What we have to do is call, email and Facebook all of our reps and senators and tell them not to support anything that is not NRA approved and do vote for anything that is NRA approved. Sounds like t is ours for the taking and we're taking a fight fire with fire approach.

This will be happening Tuesday so tomorrow and Tuesday morning are the only chances we have to make it happen.

9. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Just came on here to post this, cls. All I can say is CALL, EMAIL, FAX your rep. Whatever you can do! I sent out a volley of emails this morning and will be spending my lunch break making phone calls as well.

10. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Emails sent

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is from our NRA lobbyist, when calling no votes for anything but Phelps sponsored amendments

Ok, you have seen the amendments. I don't have a lot of time to disect every one. Suffice to say, if it is not sponsored by brandon phelps, we are against it

They are trying to create a regulatory no carry law, NOT a carry law. Hence our campaign of the last week of no bad amendments, no bad bill tommorow is the test of that.

More later but I need to go polish my hammer. . .

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh, I'm an idiot. 27 is the amendment we want passed not 24. Typing way too fast and not proof reading.

Amendment 27, Brandon Phelps sponsored only

14. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Its ridiculous, pretty much u won't be able to carry anywhere that most robbery types crimes occur. I kinda agree with the training although not sure it should require a metal health test. If your approved to have a foid card then why the hell would u need all that. Basically they added things that will cost who knows how much so nobody catches on when they jack up the price of actual permit. I jus find it funny you supposedly are submitted to all these background checks and what not when purchasing a firearm or apply for foid but now u need all this other crap on top of that.

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Our bill has training requirements that are standard with othe right to carry states. You know how much 20 hours of instructed range time will cost? Then add in the million dollar insurance policy along with you can carry from your front door to the first place your foot comes to rest.

This is sickening and Madigan had the biggest smile on his face for it. When will IL wake up and turn this state around, all it takes is a vote. Quit putting these guys back in when all they do is make the state and its residents broker. We're going to be a 3rd world state if this continues.

It's sickening that most of them don't have to campaign to get re-elected. Case in point is Jesse Jackson Jr. Hope he enjoys his prison time. But I'm sure he'll have Directv and lush accommodations, send their asses to tent city.

16. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I definitely agree with the 20 hours of both are a little much, hell that probably close to or more than what I was required to take when I became a embassy gurad in the USMC. Not to mention like u said the crazy dollar amount they'd put on that class. They're only trying to make it unobtainable but say hey we followed the courts decision.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's the whole thing, Posner in the 7th's decision clearly stated a "reasonable" carry law. They're basically spitting in the face of the judges and knowingly and willingly wasting the tax payers money with what is guaranteed to be a lengthy and costly court battle that they will ultimately lose. Sure, they get their delay in implementing the law but to what cost at the publics expense.

All because of Chicago's problems, nothing more, nothing less.

18. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    This pretty much sums it all up, that's almost the exact thing I emphasized in my email to I sent to rep. Its time they realize Chicago is part of a much bigger place that doesn't follow in thier beliefs.

19. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I actually got an email back from the state representative for this area, it was a kind of generic answer but stated she would uphold the rights of our 2nd amendment.

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would you mind posting it, I've gotten several like that that then go on to say hunting rights and other things not in the 2nd amendment. You can leave out her and your info if needed. Just curious to see it.

Here's what my rep said, luckily my senator and rep are both on our side. This was from asking him to cosponsor HB0997 which he did. Haven't heard from him on this one, hoping this dang winter weather doesn't impede anyone on our side. It shouldn't, but it's the weather

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding HB 997, legislation proposed by Representative Brandon Phelps for concealed carry in Illinois.
    As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, I have signed on to this legislation as a co-sponsor.
    I am happy to be informed of your viewpoint and invite your continued interest and comments on various matters that will come before the legislature.
    Sincerely,
    Rich Brauer
    State Representative
    87th District