Bowtech Experience IS NOT THE FLAGSHIP BOW !!! Coming soon !!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter_IL_BT, Jan 7, 2013.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see humor is lost on this crowd.

2. Root

Root Tomahawk group

Dislikes Received:
    There just making a special addition for Cabela's and that's because Cebelas probably is paying $X.XX amount for the production contract which in turn will only be sold by Cabelas as an exclusive bow in which turn they will get X units for even cheaper maybe $35 per bow for 500 bows in turn they collect an even larger profit.
    It's simple business and pretty smart on Cabelas part since it's there name on the bow and payed a good sum to have it designed differently from other bowtech bows to have it exclusive to themselves and collect a really great profit.
    But Bowtech has already unleashed there 2013 flagship bow.

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I seriously think it would have a negative effect on the "BowTech" brand. Yes they make Diamond but, BowTech is their Pro Shop bow. I personally and feel most agree that (if nothing else) adds a certain value to the brand.

PSE does sell their bows everywhere but, not their pro line. You can't go to Bass Pro and pick up a DNA. It's their lower end price point bows. Kind of like Diamond only with the PSE badging.

G5 has Quest but, if you buy one at a pro shop the price is a little lower. Prime can't and I hope it never is sold in a box store.

Mathews and Hoyt are the only two big companies that don't have bows in the box stores now but, Mathews makes the Mission which is a lower end price point bow. It is still only available in a pro shop. Hoyt is the only brand that only makes their company brand bows that are considered all high end (save the Charger) bows.

I think a Cabelas BOWTECH would be a mistake.

4. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This will be hard to explain without somebody thinking I'm an *******, but here goes.

You have to look at the "type" of people who usually go and pick up a Package or branded bow (Sportsmans, Cabelas, Gander, etc..). They are usually looking to spend a lower dollar amount but still want that "cool bow factor". Let's be frank for a minute, Package bows for the most part are not the best performing nor come with much for accessories, quality wise. Now, if a guy goes into Cabelas and see's a Bowtech for $550 or a cheap PSE, Bear, Quest, etc.. for $550 he is more than likely going to pick the Blowtech. Why? It's a limited edition bow Bowtech only makes for Cabelas, he has a one of a kind. Along those same lines, if you take two nearly identical bows (Cabelas bowtech vs Diamond Outlaw) which is going to sell?

It's an incredibly smart move for them. Bowtech used to make a Sportsmans Warehouse branded Patriot and later a Marquis. We sold the hell out of them.
    [​IMG]

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just as many deer can be killed with a $500 bow as a $900 bow. Its all about making money. That's what their main goal is. You don't have to spend $900 on a bow to kill deer. I have spent $900 before as well....I guarantee I will kill just as many with my cheap bow as my old high dollar bows....lol.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  6. Backcountry

Dislikes Received:
    Annnnd, Offended #1

This was not the point I want trying to make.

7. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO....I'm not offended about anything

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This just in......all major manufacturers will be coming out with new models again in the next 12 months. Do not buy a bow now, you will be shooting a junky old model in a matter of months.

9. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There you go being an *** again. Come on dude!

I'm kidding for real.

I guess the only way to know is for them to do it huh?

If it weren't for the service and friends you make at a pro shop, I'd probably buy box store brand. I just value the pro shop atmosphere, knowledge and all round quality of going to a pro shop.

You are probably right on with this as for hunters, beginners or even places without a pro shop or quality shop around.

10. Angelo Fotopoulos

Angelo Fotopoulos Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The flag ship bow is the Infinite Edge right?!?! ;)

11. Backcountry

Dislikes Received:
    This, and most people who are getting into the sport and intimidated by the pro shop atmosphere. I'm not impressed by most of these shops.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

12. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It should be. Seriously.

13. Angelo Fotopoulos

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm new to archery/bow hunting and the Infinite Edge was my choice as of March 1st, I was however going to out right spend mad cash on the Elite Answer but decided against that idea since I'm a noob and all ;) by the way with my Infinite edge I'm only $700 into the game with all the fixins where I'd probably be more along the lines of $1500 with the Answer.

14. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know why I feel like responding to this and I know I'm just gonna come off as the fanboy that I was once labeled as but what they heck, in the spirit of dmil, I'm gonna sound off....

The Diamond's are the single cam line, yes they are sold in box stores as well, but I've yet to meet a person who bought one based soley on the price tag. When I think Diamond, I think of a bow that has the fit and finish of a Bowtech and is usually pretty smooth.

The box store thing. There's a certain amount of bowhunters out there that simply don't go to pro shops, heck there's even some that don't have have a pro shop nearby. Why should Bowtech miss out on potential sales? Any company for that matter.

Who makes thos Reflex bows that are sold in ****'s? The ones with the tech risers.

Everything about it is smart. Take the Nitrous that hunter's friend and other large box types sold. It was a Marquis riser, with a cable slide in place of the string stop. Great bow, made from extra risers from Marquis.

Got my brother in law a "Diamond" Air Raid sold exclusively at Bass Pro in a package. Bowtech Air Raid risers and limbs coupled with a single cam platform. Friggin sweet bow.

Nearly every one of those box store specials, not new release Diamonds, have some part that they may have made too many of or from bows that undersold in prior years. As a production manager, I love it. As a shooter, some of those bows are DRASTICALLY underrated. Sub par quality, not for a minute, just cheaper to produce when you're using a extra risers or a riser design that you've already paid R&D on.

Is there another bow out there that I can buy my 5 year old, have it fit him, and then turn and adjust it to let me shoot it at 31 inch draw/70 lbs?

15. Angelo Fotopoulos

Dislikes Received:
    That's exactly why I bought an Infinite Edge vs the Elite Answer... not only can I learn to shoot, hunt and just plain old have fun but I'll easily be able to hand it over to my kids if and when I ever buy a new bow. :)

photo-1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  16. Backcountry

Dislikes Received:
    Fanboy.

17. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    The so called pro shops around have trouble replacing a string...and that's a true story...lol. I have 3 shops within an hour from me. Only one of them is decent at best. After 19 years of bow hunting...I could care less where I buy mine as long as its the bow I want at a decent price. Some of the best service ive gotten has been at bass pro shop. I hope all you guys pro shops are better than the ones I have.

18. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Several points:
    Bowtech guys are pretty easy to torque up...
    Now in seriousness and for sake of conversation. This whole thread was started from the meh the Experience received from plenty of loyal Bowtech shooters and more then a few Bowtech dealers. The talk was that Bowtech was selling out and not offering the cutting edge high performance that it built its customer base on..or example compare the popularity and following of the D350 to the reception of the Experience ... So much so that there was speculation that Bowtech was going to offer a mid year release of another 2013 flagship bow...

So fast forward to the tongue in cheek reference to Bowtech mid yet release of a bow for Cabela's...a bow very different then the style that got Bowtech where it in so far as a customer base and high performance expectations.

Only for conversation I will touch on a couple very relevant points, that guys here brought up.

Just my 2cents...buyers that are buying at Cabela's for the most part are looking at price point and value not cutting edge performance. And there is no reason to blame them, it's prudent and effective for bowhunting. I really don't think they care what company's name is attached as long as the price is right and it looks cool.

Second point. I think moves like this hurt Bowtechs customer base because they loose some of the feeling of exclusivity and the being on the cutting edge..why because their company is now catering to the uncouth masses...

19. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Explain "meh"

..why because their company is now catering to the uncouth masses...

I'm still confused as to how you came to this conclusion.

20. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    "Meh" think shrug..or nothing special...

My opine, not conclusion comes from the amount of Bowtech owner I know who
    haven't been trading bows up. Stated reason mainly being that current offerings don't exceed past bows..see my d350 example. Second it comes from a friend who is a dealer, and what claims a noticeable drop in sales and gravitation from bowtech to a couple other brands because of change in perception and what drives Bowtech sales. I don't know how true that is, or that I can fully concur with him. However he is the guy making a living off selling bows,and I do not. He told me he was selling around 100 Bowtech sales a year...so I kind just assume he has better handle on his customer base.

I am not not a Bowtech fan, and quite frankly I really disliked the bows, now and in the past. with that said I always admired how they successfully groomed and marketed to their customer base.