I finally shot it.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sticknstringarchery, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I did and that is why after thinking about it, I will be shooting a 70lb bow set exactly the same poundage as mine. With my stab on it. That's how I will compare the two.

His does have a target stab and I did think about that also. Yet another reason I will be using my 8" hunting stab.

2. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    That's it!!! I want a bow that is more versatile. I do well with mine in competition but, there is that little edge he others that shoot the Elite Open have that I would benefit from. I feel that if I can shoot 1st in my class out of 11 in and 9th overall with a hunting set up, I could probably consistently be top 5 and maybe even take that #1 spot some.

On the other hand, if the BowTech doesn't make much difference, I will keep mine and set it up for target and convert it for hunting when season rolls around. Either bow, I can't lose. :D

3. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good, atleast that way you are comparing apples to apples.

I have had tons of people shoot my low poundage bows and target bows and fall in love with the way they hold and shoot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My CPXL is set @ 65lbs. with a 31" draw legnth & I messed around with a bunch of different arrow combinations & I never cracked 315 FPS on the chrono.

5. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Really?? That's weird. I did that @ 29" and 67lb with my element. Not sure what it will do at max weight which is 74lb. I am guessing around 320 or so. That was with a 370gr arrow.