Maryland?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by cmonsta, Nov 13, 2011.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone hunting in Maryland lately? Myself and a good buddy just got to eastern shore and pretty fired up. Hunting tomorrow through Thursday. Anyone know if they are rutting? It's gonna be warm till Thursday but I'm sure we will have deer movement. Just wanted to see if there was anyone else in the area having any luck.

2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt in Frederick county. Things are heating up there indeed. I have a couple buddies that lease property on the Eastern Shore. They've each gotten real nice bucks. Good luck!

3. MDwhitetail

MDwhitetail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i live in carroll county i hunt as much as possible i shot a doe saturday but the 3-blade bloodrunner barely got me in 6 inches me nd my buddy tracked her for adleast 100 yds with good blood but i had to split wood sundy mornin and had school today so im goin back today for last ditch effort i think i was a lil low but ive only seen a few bucks and they were chasin does across the road lol so were getn there the temp is fluctuating idk if tht has anything to do with it

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah was a slow morning. Getting ready to head back out. Not used to leaving for lunch this time of the year but was hot and all the bucks our group seen didn't seem to be chasing.

5. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've hunted in southern Carroll County and northern Baltimore County and I don't think I've seen enough deer yet to say whether or not they're in full swing. Definitely seen some fresh scrapes and rubs so we're getting there.

This last weekend was very uneventful. The full moon and clear night sky really ruined things I think. Friday was just stupidly windy. Saw one red fox. My buddy and I gave up, got out of the stands and went crow shooting instead.

I hunted Prettyboy reservoir Saturday afternoon into evening and it was still too warm I think (plus the moon was still mostly full) didn't see anything in the stand. Saw a doe and buck together on the side of the road on my way home though. (About 6pm) They were definitely moving later.

Hunted on 11/5 and had some does and possibly a small buck come out right after evening shooting light ended but nothing else during that afternoon.

I'm hoping to get an all-day sit on Thursday - temps look good and the smaller moon and cloud cover should be good.

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Thursday and Friday look best. I had a buck come out this afternoon...no monster but a solid 8 pt, good spread and height on him. I hit him but I guess not the best hit. Lost blood after a few hundred yards. I think I hit high between lungs and spine. So upset about it. Also now happy with these swhacker broadheads. This isn't the first bad experence. Never sound my arrow and not a lot of blood so def no pass through and that don't make sense in that spot. Buck would have bled out better with a cut on contact head and we might have got him...who knows. Back at it in the morning though!!

7. Slider46

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, hope you find him!

8. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i hunt carroll county and it has been heating up

9. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The broad head wasn't the problem here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Slider46

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I'm getting screwed by weather again tomorrow :mad:

It was supposed to be 44-29 degrees and clear tomorrow and this front was supposed to have passed. Now its looking like 'periods' of rain with temps that won't even get blow 40! I hate this BS weather - this is November!!!!!!! :mad: Its supposed to be cold and snow instead of rain. This stupid crap where its just cold enough and wet enough to be uncomfortable is so irritating. Too cold for my fleece and too warm and damp for my insulated cold gear.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if I hadn't already taken the day off work tomorrow. Now I get to sit in the rain and go to work on Friday when its gonna be great outside. Aaarrrgh!! :mad:

/Rant