Brag worthy?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Mar 26, 2013.

1. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could easily eat 40 wings and would gladly accept your kayaking contest.

You provide the non microbrew beer for both and we have a deal.

On a more serious note, our society is definitely slipping into an apathetic state. It's not just about our health though, its with our education, work productivity, family life, relationships, friendships, you name it. People don't want to put forth effort anymore.

2. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Such a hijack here, but I couldn't agree more with that last paragraph.

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    At 50, it has been years since I really cared if I beat anyone at anything. Sure it is fun finding a few more sheds in a day then Tyler so I can give him grief. Hoping to kill a buck a little bigger then you or Pottenger to give you guys grief. It isn't for the bragging rights should it happen ( which is doesn't happen very often and lately... not at all ). The trash talk/friendly competition is just fun cause you are enjoy spending time with your kids and friends. Nothing more.

I could beat you in a wing eating contest. Somehow I just don't think that would be much fun in bragging rights or trash talking. Each his own though. :lol:

Tim

4. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think its brag worthy, have you ever tried downing as many hot dogs as possible in a timeframe? it is hard. As for 22 wings... you must not be able to eat alot. Im pretty sure id be able to do atleast 30 probably 40 and im 5'7 173#

5. Jamesinator

Jamesinator Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is apparently a thing now. The wife and I caught some of a show called "man vs food" the other night. That dude was dedicated.

On topic, I think bragging of any kind is pretty immature. Were adults. If you want to tell me how big that buck you shot was, ill shale your hand and tell you how well you did. If you run up to me, tell me yours was bigger than mine and smile, ill laugh and walk the other direction. I have grownup things to do. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

6. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    James,

We all want to be kids at times = ) and that man vs food is about 3 years old! did you just switch from the old VHF antenna to cable? J/K I wouldn't to be that guy on the show though, I mean its no fun to be in a food eating contest, I like to enjoy my food.

7. Jamesinator

Jamesinator Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lol. Nah we just don't frequent food network often. If I have the remote its outdoors network, if she has it its lifetime or some crime drama.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

8. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I never did mention though, these are not tiny wings dings.... These are pretty good sized wings.

On a side note, I see nothing wrong busting balls with friends over things, in fact I would encourage it... Being able to ingest 10,000 calories in one sitting is not one of those things.

There is I am sure a lot of things he could beat me in a competition in. Who can bench or squat more? Hands down he would probably beat me. Just found it odd that there is a lot of bragging rights in doubling up some one on chicken wings.

9. Zdeerslayer

Zdeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What was the heat level on said wings? Your buddy may have found a calling in the Buffalo Wild Wings hot wing challenge, he can win you a free t shirt to run your 5K in.

10. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We never go slumming at BW3 :cool: Neither of us ever order anything above the hot wings (buffalo sauce) and we rarely order them.

11. Zdeerslayer

Zdeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ahhhhhh sh*t, I save slumming it for Dave & Busters. BWW is high class service.

12. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We don't have Dave & Busters locally around here that I know of. We grew up on Quaker Steak, so to us anything but is slumming. The sauces and dryrubs are mostly all good with some being very good and the wings are pretty big. All you can eat night is like $20 bucks with a beverage, tax and tip.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only read the initial post.
    But it depends on the context. It's brag worthy only if it's meaningless. I worked with a bunch of guys and all we talked about was food. Who ate this, who could eat how much of that. It was harmless, dumb fun. Back in my prime, I could put down absurd amounts of food. We made an art out of going to AYCE dinners. None of us ever took each other seriously, but the volume of food I (and a couple of my buddies) used to put away still makes me shake my head that it was even possible. Outside of us, it held no relevance, but it was still a lot of fun.

14. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is sad, though I was in some wing eating contests in the past. When I worked at the restaurant, we used to do team 60 piece wing contests. Me & another guy held the 2 man record at just under 8 minutes. Makes me gag now.

Had a UMD hockey fan eat a full 60 pc. by himself. I gave him the meal for free :tu:

15. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Really what is "bragworthy" in life? How much one can eat or drink? How much money one can make? How far one can swim or run without passing out? Its one of those things we all seem to do for some reason; we can't help ourselves; and we expect accolades but don't we hate listening to it from others? What a weird world we live in and none of it will even matter tomorrow or the next day.

I love me some wings though I don't think I could eat that many in a week no matter how hard I tried.

16. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can i make a documentary on this...?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

17. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What would you call it?

18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "Wingin' It"

19. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "The lay person's guide to awesomeness in the rural United States"

I have a feeling it would be a mixture of "The wonderful whites of west virginia" and "jackass"

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

20. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Call it the "Un-Reality Roadtrip".

It could be all about people nearly killing themselves for bragging rights.

Doing stuff like riding a barrell over Niagra Falls.
    Surfing the North Shore of Hawaii in early spring.
    Bull riding
    Eating a 60 piece chicken meal in one sitting