Backpack/bivy hunting elk gear recommendations needed

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by SOIL hunter, Nov 2, 2012.

1. SOIL hunter

SOIL hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am putting together palns for a 2013 CO archery hunt. We have the basics down (GMU, time frame, basecamp, boots, clothing, food). Our plan is to stay out 3-4 days from base camp and return to reload on food and supplies.

Here is where we need some help. We are looking for recommendations on shelter (tent, hammock, tarp and bag, bivy, etc..)

Any advice from those of you who hunt in a similar manner. Gear List would be awesome.

2. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    SOIL,

You can get all your questions answered and then some on the Rokslide Forum http://www.rokslide.com/forums/forum.php
    The info I have found on that site is awesome...bunch of guys willing to help...and they are crazy about hardcore western big game hunting. Have you Elk hunted before? If not - I must give you a WARNING - MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY TO TAKE A WEEK OFF EVERY SEPTEMBER - THERE IS NO CURE FOR ELK FEVER!!!

PM me with any questions...

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Kifaru. They hold their east coast GTG at our camp every year, and I've met with the owner Patrick while there and seen all of their products first hand. Their stuff is amazing.....it's expensive and takes a while to recieve but everything I've seen is top notch and what I would consider a lifetime purchase.