Adding arrow weight

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by indynotch50, Apr 9, 2012.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to add some weight to my arrow, but do it strategically.
    I have the FOC that I want, but I would like to increase from the 400 grains my arrow is currently at.

I was thinking about going to a weight in the front and a heavier vane style in the back.

If I take my insert out, can I re-install it? Or is there any way of adding the weight without taking it out?

2. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take out the nock and slide in a thick piece or two of weed trimmer line. If you want, you can add a drop of glue to the end so that it would stick to the insert but, if it is as long as the shaft it really won't slide around much.

If you have 5/16 arrows then you could use these 5 grain washers behind your tip to ad weight to the front.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=5208X

I have had good luck removing iinserts and changing them or putting them back in when I used regular glue(fletch tite) but now I use hot melt and it is much easier (except for the fmj's so far).

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You could look into wieght tubes. Then fit inside your arrows and come in different wieghts per inch. This would let you keep the same FOC and fletching setup you already have.

sent from my electronic carrier pigeon

4. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

5. Ledsled

Ledsled Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Gold tip arrows have different weights you add from the nock and screw into the back side of insert, with special long Allen wrench. I've add 20 gr to help FOC and more total weight, I'm shooting 440 gr.