Just plain wrong!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sticknstringarchery, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. Yote

Yote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    JMO But headshots are unethical.To much of a chance of a severely injured animal getting away to die an extremely agonizing death.

3. ncnat

ncnat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would hope that it was an unintentional shot placement.

4. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't condone that kinda shot and would never do it. I consider that guy a MORON!

5. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i agree, there is no reason to do that, even though it is a bobcat.. if he is into getting a head shot so that he can say he did it then he should join a league, thats the place where you go to brag on your shooting.

6. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It made me feel sick on my stomach for the animal then anger toward a person that would make a shot like that. With a shot through the vitals with a good broadhead I would imagine the animal feels minimal pain. A shot to the head with all the nerves would have to be excruciatingly painful and the animal may actually live and suffer if the placement isn't perfect. Unethical in my opinion.

7. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is why you don't do that. image001.jpg

8. big_quillie

Dislikes Received:
    I took a head shot at a doe in my younger years. I ended up hitting her in the nose. I saw her a week later, she had lost all kinds of weight and had constant dripping from her nose. I felt so bad. {Lesson learned}

9. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There's one born every minute, and unfortunately, they walk among us.
    Few things rate lower in my book than unethical hunters, disrespecting the animals they persue by taking unethical shots.

10. slaabs

slaabs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not for me to say... his animal to hunt. As long as it was leagal its fine by me. Animals don't feel pain the way we humans do. Their nervous system is not as advanced as ours and they can't rationalize what just happened and what it may mean for the future. If you have ever not gotten an animal that you shot, I am sorry that you didn't have the skills to harvest/kill the animal and claim your prize. This said we as fellow hunters should encourage the young man in making a kill shot. To me a bobcat would be a cool trophy. So I would shoot it and if the face was where I thought I had to do so... so be it. Chaulk on up for me. No soap boxes to stand on here.

11. Atky021

Atky021 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    he's a young punk kid that just hunts to kill something and don't care about stuff. He will learn when he grows up how retarded he is hah some of my younger friends are dumb like that.

12. spinnerbug

spinnerbug Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Terrible

This kid needs an adult to show him how to be...Terrible Terrible attitude and something he should be ashamed of
    Doesn't deserve a license to hunt. No animal deserves that...and a bow hunter who can't shoot any better than to hit his target other than in the head doesn't deserve the right to hunt!

13. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately I watched other videos and he does have an adult with him at times if you wanna call it an adult that would allow him to do stuff like that.
    If that was my kid he would'nt be sitiing on his Azz for a long time to come.

14. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BY the way I would erase this post Stick so the lil Sh$t does'nt get any more video hits cause thats all he is trying to get out of that

15. slaabs

slaabs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Military forces around the globe teach snipers to shoot for the head or center mass. Thhink about it. The meat that gets ruined from all of the deer people hit. I have never eaten face and brains but I do know a man that eats the brain. But I have had ribs, chops, loins, steaks,and roasts. All I am saying is that if he has the skills... fine. If it was luck or poor shot we will never truley know. How many people shoot deer in the neck or face with guns when hunting for meat not trophies? Old timers talk about doing it all of the time.

16. Atky021

Atky021 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya if i ever have kids i am teaching them to hunt the right way and respect the animal u kill and shoot it right. And if he don't then take his stuff away and tell him he can't hunt at all haha that'll teach him.

17. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With all due respect, I think you are in the minority among sportsman with this way of thinking. I have respect for the fair chase rule of hunting, and I pride myself on only taking acceptable, humane shots to harvest my quarry. Shooting any animal in the head with an arrow/broadhead is not acceptable or ethical. The young man in the video has no more business bowhunting than people with your view do.

You sir, and the young man in the video are supplying the anti-hunting establishment with the ammunition they so cherish.

18. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^ agreed:whip:

19. big_quillie

Dislikes Received:
  20. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree here, weather or not that shot was intentional; which IMO going for a shot like that is worse than unethical. But to me the real issue here is posting it online with a title like that. That crap is what those PETA terrorists and left wing tree huggers love to get our hands on to use agains us, there is nothing worse than supplying the ammunition to the guys who are going to shoot it at you!!! Just plain dumb!!!