Turkey Vitals?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NYhunter24, Mar 8, 2010.

1. NYhunter24

NYhunter24 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i plan to be hunting turkeys out of my ground blind this spring, but im not toatlly sure where to aim because their vitals are so small. i suppose i could try a head should my aim is pretty good.

thanks

2. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the head shot'll do it. Kinda low odds though, unless you're using the Guillotine. If broadside, hit em in the wing butt. High. Hit 'em high. If they're facing away from you not on strut, dead center of their back. Right between the wing butts. Facing you? Just above the beard, about an inch or so. Stutting, facing away? Right up the ole who who.

Right through the hip joints works but.....again, low odds. Hit 'em high, hit 'em hard and hit 'em big. The bigger the whole the better. They are tough rascals.

3. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. NYhunter24

NYhunter24 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thnaks guys. yeah ive heard but you can shoot them right above where the legs meet the body. but i will stick to right where it is high at the end of the wings.

5. Ghille1cav

Ghille1cav Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel the TEXAS HEART SHOT gives you the best aiming point. If you can't get that aim high like the guys mentioned above. P.S. A pass through is something you DON'T want with turkeys. I lower my poundage on regular broadheads or leave it the same and use Steel force 125 gr. Talons. These things do some terrible damage!!!! Alot of guys use mechanicals, but I'm sorry I will never use a mechanical for anything.