Mathews, Prime, Elite

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JesseHunts, Dec 1, 2015.

1. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I have been thinking about getting a new bow, since I have recently outgrew mine. I am currently 19, and outgrew my bow about a year and a half ago. I have been thinking about a few different options and was wondering everyones opinions on the bows. keep in mind while giving me your input I need a very smooth draw cycle, due to I tore my shoulder twice wrestling and a smooth draw cycle feels amazing on the shoulder. I have been apart of a Mathews family my whole life. I am cut between three brands, Mathews Z2, Mathews Z7, Mathews ZXT, these are my Mathews choices and possibly the Helium. I have also been thinking about the Elite Synergy, and Prime Rize. bows as well. Any input would be much appreciated. also I am thinking about shooting the Muddy Bloodsport Arrows next season.

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To me either the Elite or the Prime draw smoother and are easier on the shoulder.

Shoot them all and see which one fits you.

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an elite energy 32. I broke my shoulder awhile ago and had to sell my pse. I tried many bows including the new mathews, hoyt, bear, mission, and bowtechs. The Elite just felt the smoothest and best for me. They were all great bows. Its like trucks now days, theyre all good. The only one i wish i wouldve tried was a Prime. Heard those are just as smooth or smoother than the Elites. Overall though i couldnt be happier. I dont see myself buying a new bow for awhile.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Elites have the best warranty in the biz too if you wanted to save a few $ and go used. Fully transferrable on second hand. The warranty stays with the bow.

5. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you like Mathews give the no cam a look. It is one of the smoothest bows I've ever shot. Elite Energy would be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Elite would be my choice. Not only are they smooth and easy on the shoulder, but they have a transferable lifetime warranty.

7. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i like my mathews chill x. the draw felt best on my shoulder being a little lighter on the front end(personal opinion) compared to the no cam and elite(was a really close 2nd) and shot the halon 2 weekends ago and it is even smoother. your best bet is go shoot a few different bows set to the same poundage to get an equal comparison

8. seangarchery

seangarchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you want a smooth draw cycle elite is hard to beat.

9. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try to shoot them all and see which one feels the best.

10. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You will not find a smoother draw than one of the newer Elite Archery bows. Energy or Synergy IMO.

11. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same situation and fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Any other insight or feedback on these bows? Accuracy etc etc?

12. Paulmorrison

Paulmorrison BHOD ProStaff

Dislikes Received:
    Out of all the Mathews bows I have shot I still like the my helium the best, funny how different every person is in what we like. Def need to shoot them all to figure what you like..

13. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that Elite has an awesome draw cycle, but the deep valley in them is very hard to let down and when it does finally go it goes hard and might hurt your shoulder. Paul is right though everyone feels a bow so differently and what I love the next guy might hate and vice versa. Your pro shop should have a line up of most or all of the major brands so you can shoot them and find your feel. Also with the speed of todays bows don't be afraid to go to a 65 or even 60 pound bow if that is what it takes to be comfortable shooting. Good luck and enjoy your search new bow shopping is exciting stuff!!!

14. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally shoot a Prime, but if you have shoulder problems and want to shoot a 70lb draw, I would suggest the Elite.
    The draw and backwall on the Elite is hard to beat.

15. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you all for your replies this has helped me chose what I want for the upcoming hunting season, I am currently a college student and as many of you have probably experienced it isnt easy to get into the woods while studying when the time is needed.I will be avidly setting up new stand locations this spring and summer in hopes of killing a nice doe or a buck next year. I have decided to go with a whole new set up then I have been shooting for the past years. Next fall i hope to have purchased an Elite energy 32 or the Synergy, with a NAP Apache rest, Bloodsport impact arrows, G5 Striker broad heads, Trophy Ridge Volt sight, and a ZVT impact Dampener. If anyone has any opinions on these I would sure love to hear them. again thanks for the previous replies.