I bought a bow today

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Dec 1, 2015.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, ordered one lol. I hate that it is not in my hands right now. So I sot both new Mathews, Xpedition Xcentric 7, Several Hoyts both carbon and not, Elite 32 (I think), and Obsession Knightmare GT. I wanted to shoot Bowtechs Carbon Overdrive, but the shop dropped the ball big time (story for another day), so that plan was blown. So for me, the winner was the Obsession Knightmare GT!!!!

I was looking for a lighter, smoother bow then my MR6. I love my MR6 and it is not for sale, it will continue to be more bad a then most bows out, and I will only improve on it. But, 80 lbs gets hard to draw in the winter, and the 29" draw with 6" brace gets tricky with bulky clothes. Also, I will be incorporating this Ghost blind more next year, so a smoother lighter bow will come in handy. As well as the shorter ATA. This bow is the smoothest in my opinion that I shot. And man you can hold this thing forever!!! And it doesn't dump hard into the valley, which was my only complaint about the Xpedition, when that thing lets off it lets off lol. The obsession seems to hit that point a little smoother, but once its back it feels like you have to push it in to let it down. I felt the new Mathews wanted to go. Not near as bad as my MR6, but compared to Obsession and Xpedition, they couldn't hold at all. After letting the arrow fly with the Obsession, I was hooked. No vibration with the cheap sight, whisker bisket, and tiny stabilizer they had on the demo bow. Fast as can be. And accurate (was my worry with the 28" ATA). With crappy shop arrows with torn up blazers, I was holding groups I can wrap my fingers around at 20 yards. Cant wait to see what shell do with a drop away, good arrows, and a nicer sight. Only thing I know for sure is I bought a new QAD for it. I have not made up my mind on a sight or arrows for it, so will just use what I have laying around until I figure that out. Plus, I spend enough money today haha. I am so excited for this bow. I got it in their Blood Trail Red pattern, I didn't like the look of it online but in person its gorgeous, and dark enough I don't see it being an issue in a tree or blind. I was going to get Stormy Original, and that looks great also, but Im a ginger, so wanted my bow to be a redhead also haha. Anyway, that's all for now, wanted to brag about my new baby on its way!!!

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We need pictures.

Congratulations. Big win!

3. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! As soon as shes in my hands I will get pictures for sure :) They said it will be built by the end of the week and sent out. Hope that means he will get it sat or Monday. I leave back for work Tuesday morning so will be calling it close. If I don't get it by Monday, it wont be until the Sunday after Christmas!!! That's like a million years!

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Waiting SUCKS!!!!!

5. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah. Pictures or it didn't happen as everyone says.

6. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new rig!! Best of luck with it!!

7. Bobby_OA

Bobby_OA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to see pictures. From all the reviews I have seen on that bow you should be very happy and we should be very jealous! Congrats!

8. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They're great bows, I liked the older ones.
    Haven't shot this new crop but the Phoenix and the Evolution last year had the worst drop into the valley I have ever felt. Other than that they were exactly as you described.
    Glad they smoothed them back out.
    I passed on them because of the months of waiting that would have ensued.

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you everyone! I am so excited for sure.

As for the months waiting, I am told that has been cleared up. And my bow should prove that. I ordered yesterday, they did not have one ready in that color or limbs, so said it will "take some time". When the dealer asked for a time frame, they said end of the week. I was worried about that also and asked him before I came, he said in the last year the longest he had to wait was 2 weeks. Said before that it was a few months as you mentioned.

10. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man!

Last year I really wanted to shoot an Obsession (I was interested in the Phoenix most) but couldn't find any local. Dealer networks are still small in some areas but it seems most like them once they get to shoot one.

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I drove a little over an hour to shoot mine. And its the only one he had in right hand to demo. But, it was worth it to me.

One really cool thing I noticed about their size is how well they know their customers. The dealer I went to is just a small time, semi retired guy. Mostly just a boat repairman, just took on selling bows because he loved the bows and there was no dealer around. When he called to order mine, not only did he know everyone by name but they knew him by name. They talked to him like a friend. If they treat their dealers that well, even a dealer that small, I have a hard time believing my bow will be just thrown together and shipped off, I really got a feel that they love their customers as much as their product. Have only had that one interaction to go off of, but it was a good one for sure.

12. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dennis and Angela are great folks no doubt about it. I really like my F6 its a killer!

13. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your review was one of the main reasons I knew I had to shoot one. I was going to buy that Xpedition when I shot it, paced around for an hour trying to decide if I should leave with it or not. But your review and several others told me I had to try Obsession first. I was really into the F6 and 7, but this is what he had for a demo and I loved it so much I didn't want anything else. I might have loved them more, but Im so happy with my choice!

14. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new bow!!

SCFox

15. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats...it's nice when you find a bow that fits you and feels just right. I really want to shoot some Obsessions as well, but you can't find them in any shops. The dealers I do have local don't carry any stock to demo, but they can order me one...you are lucky. I may just order an Obsession Addiction OBB on reputation alone.

16. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New gear is always exciting! Merry Christmas!

17. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you everyone! Its a great feeling for sure. Now I just wish the bugger would get here haha

18. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Crap, I'm going to have to go sling some arrows with one now. Local shop in town just started carrying them.

Still loved the new Halon and want to try out a Xpedition.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

19. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You should try them for sure! And Xpedition. Not sure what you are looking for in a bow, but these matched my liking almost perfectly. And Only reason I went with Obsession over Xpedition was the let off was much smoother on the Obsession.

20. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never shot an Obsession but am going to try and get my hands on one. I've read so many good things about them.