Stealth Cam G42NG not taking pics

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by ernmcburn, Nov 28, 2015.

1. ernmcburn

ernmcburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Stealth can G42NG and twice I had deer right in front of it, not even 10 yards away and it didn't take a picture. My feed is slowly disappearing without any pics of it being eaten. Plus it takes random pictures in the middle of the day. Anyone know what's wrong with it? Thanks in advance.

2. ruteger

ruteger Guest

What's your battery life? How old is it? How long has it been doing this? Are you using the Test setting to see if the camera is triggering when it's pointed at the feed?

I have the same camera and I've found that most of the time I have these results, I have the camera pointed too high so it's not triggering. But there have been a few times, where I was pretty sure it was pointed correctly and it did not go off. Also, there's a firmware update available on the StealthCam Support website that might help. Maybe try downloading it:
    http://www.gsmoutdoors.com/downloads/56/stealth-cam-201415-products/

3. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1 on the battery life. I've noticed once mine gets down to 30-40% the sensor doesn't seem to be as sensitive as it is with a new set of batteries.

4. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    More than likely its your batteries. My G42's do the same thing when battery life shows to be in the 40% range. I don't put much faith in the battery meter as being very accurate.

5. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    G42s have been know for not performing well with Nimhs, the other thing could be your settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. richard932

richard932 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Possibly you need to update it through stealth cams Web site. I hade to update mine but still doesn't take pictures all the time not to happy with this camera my other 3 p12's work flawless and idiot proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk