A tale of 2 years

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rybo, Nov 28, 2015.

1. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just a little comparison of my past two seasons that have been polar opposites, and want to get a feel for which season you guys would rather sit thru. Let me preface this post with I am fortunate to live & hunt in areas with lots of deer and lots of tags. That said...Last season I went many sits without seeing a deer. Often times several consecutive days. But when I did see a deer, the odds were in my favor and it would come into range and I'd fill my freezer. Including 2 nice bucks. This season, I have seen deer in a MUCH higher percentage of my sits and have had more close calls with deer (both shooter bucks and does) than I ever have, but they are all going in the deer's favor. My freezer sits mostly empty, I did manage one deer so far. I always said in the past that I'd prefer to have lots of action and not worry about killing a nice buck, versus not seeing anything all year, then have one walk in on the last day and shoot it. However, I think I always assumed that the freezer would be filled with does in either situation. However this year with having lots of action, but an empty freezer, it's pretty frustrating. I guess this is a long winded way to say I'm realizing I'm much more of a meat hunter than I thought

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like lots of action.

Things always seem to happen in the end.

3. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of action.

4. Bobby_OA

Bobby_OA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer lots of action. It keeps me motivated to get out and hunt and it lessens the chance that I will take a questionable shot or take a buck that is not mature simply because it presented the opportunity. To each their own.