Need guidance in the right direction

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by TheChad, Nov 27, 2015.

1. TheChad

TheChad Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So the property that I'm able to hunt now isn't really my cup of tea if you will. One way in and one way out kinda deal. Not able to access stands the way I should according to the wind, no QDM, stands are old and run down, ( not that I even use them) and the list goes on. The weather finally broke here in Ms and I've been able to take vacation to hunt for almost two weeks straight. Until now. Long story short, the gentleman who had been leasing this land for years says that I'm " pounding " his place too hard. This is coming from someone who rides his 4-wheeler in at 7am and is out of the stand at 8:15. Granted, if that's what he wants to do then fine.

Overall, it's becoming very frustrating. So my question is, what are some of the best ways to approach people about hunting their property. Weather it be strictly permission granted, or possible lease for a season. I hear all these people say I'm headed to this farm or this lease and so on. How does one even require that information to even contact the owner in regards to possibly hunting his property. I've looked a few places online but as far as leasing, only about 6 post total in the state of ms. People just join camps around here and just shoot whatever walks out. Literally.

So any success stories that yal have, tips and advice, apps or websites, do's and donts, I'm open to all suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Knocking on doors with a smile.
    It may take a lot of time but the yields can be great.

3. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For almost all counties in PA we have access to tax maps online that tell you who owns a property. Typically they don't give phone numbers but u can drop a letter in the mailbox or stop and chat if u see them while driving by. Similarly OnXMaps is an app that will show u property owner name on a map, for a fee (I think $30/yr?). I've seen lots of resources online for help within getting hunting permission, but this is not a problem that I have personally.

4. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. TheChad

TheChad Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies fellas. Will definitely give these a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Zweibarrt

Zweibarrt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Many land owners are desperate for some honest physical help. I have a freind who gets one or two well written letters asking permission to hunt just about every year. My friend might actually let someone hunt for some real help.