Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor vs Ram

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by HOOS13R, Nov 24, 2015.

1. HOOS13R

HOOS13R Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    So I just did a ram bowhunt at a ranch near me in Texas. It definitely wasn't as exciting as I thought (the rams didn't seem to know they were being hunted). But it was still fun to get out there and shoot something since I missed Indiana's bow season this year. Anyways, I used the new magnus black hornet ser-razors. I was really happy with them. I mean I only had about a 12 yard shot, but still was a quick kill. My only problem is I don't know if I should contact them for a new broadhead. They are lifetime guaranteed and after shooting a complete pass through shot I seemed to chip my bleeder blades. I'll attach pictures. Nice to know some input if I should contact them or not. I attached an unshot broadhead and the shot broadhead.

https://youtu.be/sHkfHxMJLcc here's link to me shooting ram...once again...not too exciting

Thanks!,

Logan

Attached Files:

2. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bet Magnus will replace the blades. Customer service is unbelievable.

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Magnus, also shooting the Black Hornets. While I am very certain Mike will send you a new one due to the blade, IMHO that is why replacement blades are sold. While sometimes I do reuse them after a quick touch up I never expect blades on a replaceable blade head to last forever. I buy a pack of heads and a pack of extra blades.

That being said it is a no questions asked deal and he almost certainly will, however it seems to me that guys abuse his awesome warranty and generosity in circumstances like these. Damage to the ferrule? By all means get a new one....

4. TheRiverBottom

Dislikes Received:
    I would disagree with tacklebox. I think that is part of the Magnus business plan and why Magnus has such a loyal following. They know that replacing a blade that cost them $.00001 to make is a good trade for a lifetime customer who will buy other products from their product line and be a lifetime promoter of their products. All about the NPS....

5. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me add that a quick touch up on that bleeder and you'd likely be fine. Doesn't really look to bad....?? Hard to see in the smaller pics though

6. TheRiverBottom

Dislikes Received:
    [TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][h=3]LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE[/h]Our Magnus Lifetime Replacement Guarantee is very simple. If at any time you break, bend or have a concern with any Magnus Broadhead, send it to us and we replace it.
    As a example: When you shoot through an animal and the broadhead hits a rock on the ground and is damaged, send it in and we replace it. ITS THAT SIMPLE!!
    PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS FOR RETURNING BROADHEADS FOR WARRANTY REPLACEMENT...
    (Please note that the lifetime replacement guarantee applies to broadhead products only)

Wrap the damaged broadhead so broadhead does not protrude thru wrapping. Please make sure you put in a padded envelope or a small box. Please include a letter stating which broadhead it is you are shipping to us along with your complete name and address and phone number. PLEASE DO NOT PUT IN A REGULAR ENVELOPE. THE BROADHEAD WILL NOT MAKE IT THRU THE POSTAL SYSTEM. We normally ship broadhead replacement the same day we receive.
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]We recommend you ship by first class mail to:Post Office Delivery
    Magnus Outdoor Products
    P.O. Box 1877
    Great Bend, KS 67530
    OR
    UPS, Fedex Delivery
    Magnus Outdoor Products
    800 Washington St.
    Great Bend, KS 67530
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

7. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly why I won't have anything but Magnus heads in my quiver!!

SCFox

8. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great warranty.

9. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Warranty is great! I sent 3 back and received new ones! No questions asked, and a 2 blade black hornet sounds unstoppable. Great for lower poundage penetration.

10. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking of..... I can't say enough about Magnus customer service. Mike Sohm understands the meaning of " customer service". Stand up company with excellent product, and bullet proof warranty.

11. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just switch the blades out. Yea, those high fence hunts aren't much fun. I like when an animal is at least smart enough know to run from a human. Prolly since they get fed by humans there is no fear.