Emergen-C

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tacklebox, Nov 24, 2015.

1. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is it just me or is this stuff great? Seems like everyone around me has been sick multiple times this fall already other than me, not to mention I just feel better since I began drinking it daily back in Sept. Much of which is for obvious reasons I suppose. But anyway, any one else use it on a daily basis?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope never tried it.

3. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I drink it quite a bit in the winter and have for quite sometime. Good stuff and I think it helps.

4. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I take it 3 times a week and I've been healthy all fall while all the kids and everyone else has been sick.

5. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just couldn't handle it. I've heard great things from it - but I couldn't drink it.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I take a ton of Vitamin C in the hunting season to fight off illness...basically same thing. Wife prefers it to pills.

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a Zicam guy. But good to know there are other options. I freaking hate getting sick.

8. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's more of a mental edge gained on immunity than an actual one, but I'm extremely skeptical of all drugs/supplements until there are studies proving their worth. Generalities are made off of studies that when looked into, seem as if a high school sophomore designed them. For the most part whether you supplement with Vitamin C or not, it won't change your immunity to the colds floating around. Some of us just have better immune systems than others, not to mention different exposure levels to sicknesses. (Schools are like breeding grounds for germs and kids have way weaker immune systems than us so of course they get sick more frequently).

That said, it certainly doesn't HURT anything to supplement moderate doses of Vitamin C.

I'm usually pretty anti governmental control... but the sooner the FDA reigns in these supplement companies and all their bogus claims the better. SOOO much false advertising and claims among diet pills, vitamins, and supplements with ZERO data backing it up. (That isn't pertinent to Vitamin C in particular, just all these OTC medicines and supplements marketed to help fight everything from Colds/Flu to being Fat.

9. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good feedback Trevor, Thanks. I am pretty well anti taking anything. OTC or otherwise, just HATE even taking ibuprofen. Really despise antibiotics and the like. Anyway, I actually only started the Emergen-C while in elk camp. A guy there had a bunch and offered me a couple. I figure what the heck. When I got home I picked some up and have been drinking one every day. All mental, sure could be, that's what my wife says :) She is always on me to take a mutli vitamin?? and I cant even choke those things down. Its like swallowing alfalfa lol But gives me a hard time about the Emergen-C... Go figure :)

10. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I hear ya on the multivitamin. I still take one even though I pee out 90% of it. Mentally, I think it makes me more healthy. Plus the one winter I didn't take my multivitamin I got a stomach virus and was bed ridden for like 3 days, so the two likely unrelated incidents are ingrained in my memory as a cause/effect type thing. I still gag every time one of those big *** pills hits my tongue though. You'd think they'd have a way to mask the taste by now.

11. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep we keep a box around most of the year. Especially fall and winter. It's great to mix a packet with water when you feel something coming on. Maybe it is mental but it seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk