Time for a new cam design?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Ky Bob, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With a lot of folks getting cams stolen including myself I think it would be nice if cam manufacturers would start using internal memory that could be downloaded to a Flash Drive or whatever. It would have to have a security code before you could download your pics/Videos to the drive. No security code, no pics of other folks deer and a non-working cam. Wouldn't cost much for the internal memory I wouldn't think?? I have a big non-typical that I had been getting on my stolen cam and I'm 99% sure they now have a video of him from the card. I'm worried that the local poachers will try to poach him. We've always had problems with local coon hunting trespassing so I called our local CO and he said I know those folks, I eat breakfast with them about every morning! So much for him trying to catch his breakfast buddies who were there Sunday night on Nov 8th coon hunting.

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer. That stinks.

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are a number ways this can be done. I've been in contact with a trail cam company. Nothing definitive yet but things are in the works!

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to see the camera makers install a small GPS device in their units. Imagine the look on some thief's face when you pull up on them with a police officer after you track a stolen camera to them.

Blessings........Pastorjim