Day One Cowboy Suede

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any of the new Cowboy Suede from Day One? If so, anyone have a comparison between original Wolfskin and the new Wolfskin XT?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Safe to assume you're looking to pick up this shirt?

[​IMG]

3. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    That thing is pretty awesome.........might add it to the order. Haha.

4. usmc-boston

usmc-boston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not very popular in mass!

5. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know if it's comparable to the original Wolfskin... the "new" Wolfskin, as Jeff called it, sucks. It's nothing more than fleece which I spend hours picking stick-tites from following a lot of hunts.

6. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed 100%. Tore up my original Predator Brown Wolfskin pants. Replaced with a pair of the new Wolfskin XT pants about 4 years ago. They get covered in burrs, and are covered in pulls from walking through briars. They also aren't nearly as tight of a weave as the original stuff so not nearly as wind proof. For the almost $300 I've got into them they just aren't worth it.

I wish someone would come up with Predator Brown and Gray in a fabric like the original Wolfskin, but a bit more resistant to tearing. My original brown pants tore the crotch out, and I've had to have my original wolfskin jacket professionally repaired too due to tearing. Other than that the old fabric was awesome. The new stuff is much more resistant to tearing but it looks horrible even after one season due to all the pulls in the fabric from burrs and briars. And it will pick up so many burrs that you can't get them all out..........:confused:

I'm hoping someone has experience with this Cowboy Suede. Sounds like it's more of a micro suede like you see on furniture upholstery so it should be more like the old stuff.

7. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I spoke with Laurie earlier in the year, who used to work for Jeff and bought him out. She told me they were planning on bringing in a new fabric and I told her to contact me when she did, as I refused to buy anything more until they brought in a different fabric. I still haven't heard anything from her... Maybe I'll reach out to her again after the first of the year.

I'll be curious to see what you learn about this other fabric you're looking into.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015