PA Game commission has lost their mind!!!

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by cmonsta, Nov 19, 2015.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't hunt PA but I saw this somewhere else. I'm not a fan but those signs will be outdated quickly. Meaning the areas where the deer are will change with the added pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How many friggin deer do you have in PA where they need to fence off cutting areas? We had parts of 80 acres cut 3 years ago and it has grown up so much its hard to even walk through it.

If they are sending all the part-time hunters into specific areas, I would look to setup next to those areas because odds are they are going to push the deer out of those areas and you could be sitting there waiting for da tirty pointer.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah for the most part it should not work. But still bothers me that they would even try something like this. And it really sucks and is major unfair to the guys who worked hard to find these "high population" areas and now will have a bunch of yahoos running around with rifles they sighted in 10 years ago and assume its still good, head out smoking a cig and making noise, stinking like gas or something. So frustrating.

5. Zweibarrt

Zweibarrt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly. I can't get too excited about this. Most gun hunters don't go more than 1/4 mile from a road anyway..

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    True. But ive seen fat kids do a lot if you promise cake lol. Tell these guys theres a herd of deer if you follow these signs might drive more into deeper woods. I like those guys close to the road where they belong.

7. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I LOVE IT !!!!!!

I don't go anywhere near public, gamelands, or anywhere these morons can harrass me.
    now they will herd all the "wanna be's" into these spots and save fuel driving around looking for someone to fine for some minute technicality that isn't posted in the manual.
    (trust me, they do it, and will bold face lie about the circumstances under sworn testimony)

someone let me know where one of these signs are, so I can send a dozen doughnuts on first day of rifle, LOL

8. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm over PA and their less than impressive public lands. About to be an increase in license prices as well. It's not that big but after five years - if you get bear, archery and other tags - you're going be paying big time.

9. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Few things.

- Terrible idea. Although most hunters will think it is fine as long as it is not done to their hunting spots.
    - Love to know why anyone tied to deer hunting in any way would think...deer hunters would want this. Below quote says a lot, clearly evidence that...hunters want it!
    - Love this quote "First, it's to help hunters, he said. In survey after survey, hunters say they lack the time to scout and don't know or can't find places to go, he said."
    - Could be a new way to justify the larger timber harvests....we are really creating new hunting opportunities...look new roads and a whole program designed to make it easier for hunters...let's keep doing more and more of these.

10. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad Im not the only one who disagrees with this.

I don't hunt public currently but plan to. I don't hunt it because I have been working hard to learn an area, and do not want to hunt it until Im confident I worked out most of the details I have no clue if any of these signs are in the area I have been working, but I know how I will feel if so. And how frustrated thousands of hunters like me will be who have been learning an area for years and years. I understand some don't have time to scout. But many did put the work in, and should get the reward for it.

11. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't hunt public land so I can't comment on that aspect.

However, I find it hard to believe this is all done primarily to improve hunter morale.

12. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a scenario I pulled out of thin air... With the recent push for the "transfer" of public lands (more like selling them off), the PGC may be trying to get people to care about the lands to actually fight for them. How they do that is by telling the 5 day a year hunter where a good area is to hunt to make them happy.

But, like smctitan said, it's pointless because the pressure will just be shifted to those areas and the complaints will continue.

The majority of the public land around here are mountains, so I doubt a sign or an exact gps coordinate is going to persuade most hunters to go there.

13. stewdawg

stewdawg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the land between North Delaware and SE PA
    If they really wanted to help hunters, they should allow Sunday hunting.