Nose jammer

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by pmendolia, Nov 17, 2015.

1. pmendolia

pmendolia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    if you use nose jammer what sense does it make to use doe in estrus or buck bomb or any other scent?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One is as effective as the other try em all.

3. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nose jammer doesn't actually jam their nose so they can still smell the other scents.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What??? It says so right on the can and the advertising says so too. Wait if that is a lie are you telling me that miracle scent products don't exist that they are all lies too? Bad week for me first I learn that santa is a big lie now this, all those TV hunters tell me the stuff is the best ever even better than the stuff they used the season before and it is all a lie to make $. I don't know what to believe anymore.

5. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I asked this same question a couple of weeks ago, and got the same kind of answers. Nose Jammer is suppose to jam their sense of smell. So if this is true, what is the point of using other scents?? They can't smell anyways.. I never did get any good answers.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    BigDaddy if it works like they say the product would be against the law.

7. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Because nose jammer only jams their nose from human scent and other alarming scents. All attractants they can still smell.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is this serious?

9. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't possibly be...can it?

I love the articles written in various magazines where the bloodhound was not deterred and in some cases even aided by the various scent eliminating sprays. There is no easy button.

10. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    No matter how much you would like to believe it actually jams their nose it doesn't... Yes it can work some times but it's not a miracle in a can, they still can smell you if you don't have good scent control.

11. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Forget the wind, just hunt Sota!!

12. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    A deer can smell over 8 smells at 1 time, there is nothing that is going to fool a mature whitetails nose consistantly, period. All these produce reduce is the weight of your wallet.

13. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    My best tip is to get some scent free laundry detergent, dead down wind dryer sheets and some carbon to dust your clothes in. I have never been busted ever when using this combo. I even had a buck come 8 yards from me with the wind blowing in his face and he never smelled me.

14. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speculate on Nose Jammer. I feel the "scent free" stuff just smells like "scent free stuff" = foreign smells. I don't know. Who 100% does? Never really use scents-except for WindPro. I only use scent near my stand to possibly catch a downwind buck that wants to investigate. Don't throw stupid money down the drain. All I can say in Play the wind.

15. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im always looking for anything that will give me the upper hand, thus the questions about Nose Jammer. If I knew everything, I wouldn't have asked the question. I do the whole scent control thing. Have a tote just for my towels and wash rags, washed in scent free detergent. Use a new towel and wash rag every time. Scent free shower, pit stick ..... Have 3 different totes with all my stuff in. One has all my heavy coats, bibs, socks, and orange in it. One has stuff like my UA stuff, jeans, shirts, fleece stuff.... The other tote stays in my truck with back pack, coats seat cushions, harness, gloves hats....... Oh, and then I have a tote just for my boots! Everything is washed in scent free detergent, and hung outside for a couple of days. I don't get dressed until I am at my hunting spot. There I put on my scent lock coveralls, boots, harness, and backpack. I spray everything down with scent killer, including my bow, and release. And I always hunt the wind!! So yes, I do take all the steps to be scent free, and know a little bit about being in the woods. But like I said, I am always looking for ways I can improve my chances at harvesting a big buck. So when I read an article on the Nose Jammer, it got my attention.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You seem like a smart guy with your bases covered, the article you read about nose jammer is paid advertising and the magazine you bought that had the article in is more interested in $ than good information.

17. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is all you need. Leave the Nose Jammer on the shelf and spend your money at the butcher shop!

18. shady oaks

shady oaks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I look at Nose Jammer as a cover for my access, and then if I choose to use another scent I will in the appropriate manner. I'll spray nose jammer on my boots, lower legs and hands. Pretty much anything that may touch the ground or accidentally a branch on my way in. My access is generally not my hunting direction, but doesn't mean a deer will always follow my game plan. Use it as a PIECE of the puzzle, not the whole thing.

19. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well said. I just picked up some of the stuff. Never used it before. It will be debated over and over. Good friend killed a 150 inch buck that came downwind while using. He swears by it. I've always been skeptical.

I don't expect it to be complete cover up of my scent. Just to help aid with deer coming along my path in and possibly younger deer that it may confuse. I would guess most mature deer would scatter the woods, but I know it just worked last Friday. That buck wasn't chasing or anything. Slowly moving.

20. Hindsight

Hindsight Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used nose jammer and to say that it works..... Couldn't tell ya. However I will share this.

I had washed down with nose jammer body wash, dressed with my nose jammer washed camo, sprayed down with the nose jammer aerosol spray, and walked into my stand. Temps were in the mid 80's during this hunt and I had broke out in a sweat after getting into my stand. No problem, I will just cool off by sitting and wipe down with the nose jammer wipes.

I had been in the stand probably about 1 to 1 1/2 hours when a yellow jacket began buzzing around me. No problem just sit still and will fly off after a little bit. This was a pesky little thing and was lighting on my hands, wrists, shirt, face, freaking everywhere and walking around on me. Now I am trying to be still while hunting and usually the worse thing to do is start swatting them, because that will piss them off and then you get stung.

After about 15-20 minutes, I notice a couple more show up and they are doing the same thing to me. Needless to say after about 10 of them are buzzing and lighting on me, I was chased out of the stand. When I left my stand I had left my pack up the tree and they all congregated in my open pack where I had the wipes.

Does it work for deer, I don't know. However will not use again because, apparently, yellow jackets love the stuff!