Wire meshing soft spots in trails

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Nov 17, 2015.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So what do you guys think about putting the concrete mesh used to fence apple trees down in real soft spots in the trails? Would that support the equipment like I think it might? Or some old chain link fence I may be able to find that people will sell cheap or even give away.

http://www.menards.com/main/buildin...47140328-c-12502.htm?tid=-1216156224498922043

As long as I make sure I am careful and don't puncture a tire with it I'm thinking it might be a great way to really help the soft parts in the trail. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think that the mesh will do anything for you. A load of breaker rock to spread with your new tractor would be the ticket.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Depending on the size of the soft spots. If they are small areas something like landscaping rocks, for larger areas bury tree branches around 2-4" in diameter perpendicular to the trail. Branches will eventually rot but will add support to the soft spot.

4. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    it would probably support a bicycle, maybe a moped. A motorcycle if going really fast.