Code blue synthetic doe scent, smells great

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by recurvestalker, Nov 10, 2015.

1. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bought some of this stuff on a whim at the sporting goods store. It's turning into one of my favorite products this year. It actually smells good, like, fresh and I don't know how I would describe it, feminine? Sounds weird right? The first time I sprayed it on something, I was definitely surprised. But basically every time I've used it I've had deer under me with no spooky behavior. I'm going to go with it until I see a reason not to. I'm using it as a cover scent on clothes and boots. Not really what the bottle reccommends but hey.
    Anyone used this stuff?

2. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Synthetic ? meaning they make it themselves.?

3. Jeeper

Jeeper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I also use Code blue synthetic doe scent. Here in Ontario it is illegal to use natural doe urine (to prevent the spread of disease). I spray the scent on a drag on the way in to my stand. I've also used other brands with similar mixed results.

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello fellow Ontarian. I guess it must be the individual deer but the only synthetic I ever had any repeated response from was Buck Fever. If Code Blue works, hey , keep using it. I can tell you though, that stuff from Monette Outdoors is expensive and as many mock scrapes I have played around with over the years, this stuff got zero response. I tried the whole lot of it, even the synthetic pheromones......useless.

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad the stuff works for you guys. As long as it works keep using it.
    Never had any success around here with synthetics and everything else is now illegal.