Which Ground Blind for Public Land and Mechanical Broadheads

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by 25knots, Nov 6, 2015.

1. 25knots

25knots Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys and gals. I hunt public land and a lot of my spots don't work well with treestands so I'm thinking a ground blind might be the way to go. I've never owned or used one before so I'm hoping you all can give me some advice.

I'm looking for something that I can pack in and out in. Also, I shoot mechanical broadheads and I'm wondering if that won't work with the "shoot through" mesh that some of the blinds come with. I'm thinking the mesh might deploy the broadheads as they pass through the mesh, but perhaps that's not the case.

I usually have a .75 mile walk in, but I'm in decent shape so I don't mind carrying something heavy. As long as it can be set up within 20 minutes or so in the dark (rather quietly), that will work fine.

So, to review, here's what i'm looking for:

1) Medium Weight
    2) Works with mechanical broadheads
    3) Quiet and moderately simple to set up in the dark

Any recommendations?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are a multitude of blinds that will be just fine for you. Any type of hub style blind will be quick to setup(1-2 minutes). Personally, I don't shoot through the mesh. I'm just a little leary that it could affect the trajectory of the arrow so I just don't mess with it.

I have a blind similar to this one and I liked it right up until I left it out too long and the poles broke from too much snow/ice accumulation on it.

http://www.gomuddy.com/product/the-vs360/

3. Taylor.S

Taylor.S Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ground blinds are great, Like Skywalker said, any hub style blind should work for what you are looking for. Just make sure to get one large enough you can come to full draw in. I normally get a 2 person blind and it is plenty big enough, and isn't too heavy.

4. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what they said.... I don't shoot thru the screen, it opens easy enough and I don't have to worry about it affecting the arrow.. go for the 2 person so ya have room to come to full draw without problems.. and I got one tall enough to stand in to stretch my legs if I need too... on my second hub style blind.. first one broke a few arms... kept the extra arms from the first one so if I break any again, I got spares..