Leaf Suits

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by JMann11, Nov 3, 2015.

1. JMann11

JMann11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've watched every episode and I've rarely seen anyone wearing a leaf suit. Is there a reason for that? Do you think they have an advantage or not? I've been wearing one for the past 4 years. Is it a waste of my time and money?

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man good point. You dont really see them being sold anymore. My opinion is, and this is coming from someone whos never owned one, they have to be effective. Anything that softens your edges and breaks up your outline is going to make you stand out less. Now on another note, late season i dont know if it would look as natural. Depends on surroundings.

3. JMann11

JMann11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shocker, I have a darker green one for the beginning of the season, and a brown one for late season, I have decided this year I'm not wearing them when it snows. I also hunt from the ground, that's why I bought one in the first place.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would keep wearing them. I think they give an extra edge for sure. In between ghilli and just regular camo. I definitely dont think you wasted time or money.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing against leafy suits as I'm sure they work just fine, I just never saw the need for one. We're all killing stuff just fine in our regular hunting camo so we'll stick with what works. :tu:

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think they real benefit of a leafy suit is if you are a ground hunter (like you said you are). I don't see many ground hunts that are not in a blind. Justin did last season but it's not common on the show.

7. JMann11

JMann11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reassurance guys! Thinking of getting an artic camo coat this year.

8. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMO the time a leafy suit gives you the most advantage is when all of the leaves are off of the trees.
    If you pick a good oak that is still holding leaves and set up there they will really break up your out line.
    That being said if you have a really good camo pattern I really don't think it is necessary.
    If you have one I know it wont hurt your hunt unless all of the trees around you are bare and you are the only spot in the tree line with leaves (big dark spot sticking out)

9. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wear one often but thats also because in October we can be hunting temps in the 80's. So many times I'm wearing a t-shirt, shorts, snake boots, and my leafy suit on top of that