Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by heartstopper, Oct 26, 2015.

1. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am in need of some new broadheads. Rite now I am shooting muzzy mx3 and not a big fan of them. I have shot rage in the past and had no complaints but the price tag is a little steep. I was thinking about getting some swachker broadheads has anyone used them and what is your opinion? Thanks

2. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Levi Morgan uses them and swears by them.

;)

3. Justin21

Justin21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slick trick I shot 3 blade muzzy for years always killed deer but the blood trails were terrible, have only shot one deer with the slick trick but was much more pleased with the results

4. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard good things about Slick Trick. Although I am yet to shoot them, there are a few guys on this forum that can attest to their results. However, I've always been a Rage fan. I'm shooting the Hypos this year but haven't had much time to get in the woods. I also love the flight and back cutting technology on the Ramcats.

5. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the rage 2 blade chisel tips......I have only killed 1 deer with it....but that's the only deer I have ever killed with a bow.

it performed flawlessly!! I would recommend it to anyone.....deer didn't run far...and it double lunged him and the entrance cut was every bit of the 2.3 inches they tell you it is....

6. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot muzzy 3 blade original's for year's great broadhead's. went to slik trik's few year ago for durability. this year I bought 3 hypodermic mech's off amazon for 12$..chinese knockoff's ofc. little string wax to keep em from rattling and few strokes with stone to sharpen abit more. worked flawless never seen a blood trail like it. buck didn't go 35 yds. evil ofc had to wait for broadside. and ya still carry slik's with me for grandpappy

anyway gonna say if ya don't mind to sharpen try the chinese knockoff hypo's on amazon. I'm fixing to order a dozen hehe they are insane. wouldn't wanna try to blow through shoulders or hard quartering shot though.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    grim reaper fatel steels. there the best. and the main guys from grim reaper makes em and hunts with it

9. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Afflictors for hogs, nobody knows them but I swear by them. Once I broke and lost all my Spitfires I will test them on some deer.
    https://www.afflictorbroadheads.com

10. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    3 years ago I switched to ramcats and as long as they make them I will never stray away from them. $35 for 3 and replacement blades sell for $11-$13. They are the truest flying fixed bad that I have ever shot.

11. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I looked at some Swackers and could never see even trying one. I have had success with QAD Exodus and NAP Hellrazors. Both are solid, sharp and fly great for me.

12. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the qad exodus broadheads, have shot a 600+ lb black with them, and a few deer and they are done fast and great blood trails.

13. Stephen Koch

Stephen Koch Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just started bowhunting this year and the shop I use the guy swears by Slick Tricks. He sells Muzzy, G5, Rage, Shwaker and he told me he sells more Slick Tricks than any other broadhead. I started using them and love how they fly.

14. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Slick - Tricks are the sharpest blades right out of the package I have ever shot. I liked the G5 Montecs but could never get them as sharp as I wanted. I loved the design and the size, just couldn't get them as sharp as I liked.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

15. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Swhackers do an excellent job, my buck this year went down within 60-80 yards and last year I made the worst shot of my life directly through the stomach and still recovered the deer ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1445968585.406851.jpg

16. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0140XP89U...TF8&colid=2CWKIUY6S33K1&coliid=I1VAVATQBLEUU2

I tried these this year first mech I ever shot and I was blown away with damage it done. put a little string wax on blades to keep em' from rattling and few licks with sharpener. shot a deer behind shoulders through and thru blood everywhere no problem finding it since only went 30yd's

cheap deadly and effective. would only use on broadside shot's though heard to much about em' hitting bone

20151023_174412.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  17. seangarchery

seangarchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used swhacker for 3 years. They do fly well and work good but I did notice some flaws. The blades could be sharper and the ferrule is weak in my opinion. Most deer I have shot with them something on the broadhead would be bent. either the blades, the ferrule or both. I don't care for the shrink wrap that holds the blades in place either. They can stretch and break in your quiver, so you need to carry extra shrink wraps when you hunt..... I now shoot the dead ringer rampage 2 blade 2 inch. Much better broadhead. Much stronger, sharper, just as accurate, better o ring, and the design and concept is very similar to the swhacker. Its a better swhacker in my opinion.

18. ccspinners

ccspinners Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot muzzy and hit a doe opener day, she was quartering toward me so clipped the stomach pretty good. I did hit her vitals and she went 100 yards and died. I was impressed with the exit wound... But then I watched last weeks episode of Bow Hunt Or Die, check out the exit wound on Justin's buck. My muzzy cut a hole big enough for a golf ball, his broad head was big enough for a fist! I will be buying those next time. I also learned how much differently they all shoot. Pack of 3, one shot down and to the right consistently , one shot to the left consistently and the 3rd is a hair low. I have been struggling with my bow a little, but I think the broad heads are making a big difference.

19. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slick Trick Mags or Standards for fixed blades, and grim reapers for mechanicals. I like the 4 blade slick tricks because they put a slug hole like 1+" hole in...I mean I know you can get a 2" slit with swhacker and rages, but the slick trick hole stays wide open...So does the Hole on a grim reaper or Wasp Jak Hammer...just a huge triangular hole...makes for great blood trails. I have a 3 pack of the swhackers, and to me they seem cheap and when that shrink wrap band gets cold it loosens up and the blades rattle like crazy...not impressed.