Broad heads shooting low

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Drivingtacks, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I figured it out!

Does anybody have any suggestions why my broadheads may be shooting about four inches low. It happens to be if I shoot with my 30 yard pin at twenty yards, its right on, all the way out to my farthest pin the next furthest pin is on. The arrow weights are the same with field tips and broad heads. I haven't paper tuned it yet but that it my next step when it quits raining.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    At first though, ( I am no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. ) either move the rest up a little till it's the same. Or move the nocking point down just a little.

3. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With the paper tune you should see if it needs to be moved

4. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if other pin's are on I'd move pin to broadhead. can check sight with FP at different range.

seems odd FP and BH would be hitting together at other ranges but not 30

if bh/fp not hitting together at any range then tune is in order. difference should increase with range though.

uses same BH to check all ranges could just be that 1 arrow needing a nock tune.

5. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe he was saying 30 hits at 20, 40 hits at 30 and so on. I personally, if windage is still good left to right, would just bump my sight down. Could be a minor tuning issue but depending on your free time, it may not be worth while trying to correct the tune mid season.

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nock height issue or cam out of time causing vertical nock travel are my guesses.

7. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Broadhead tune the bow. A slight adjustment of the rest, moving it up should bring them together. Then just readjust sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Troy F

Troy F Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Move your sight for deer season and let it eat. Especially since you say they shoot spot on just one pin low.
    When you shoot FP's know that they shoot high.

When I shot Muzzy's, the 115 Muzzy hit almost spot on with the 100 FP's I shot. I just didn't worry. The animals made fun of me some. But only for about 70 yards or so.

9. ryansawyer88

ryansawyer88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same problem when i bought my new mathews chill r. The solutions is relatively easy to fix, but your gonna have to put some arrows down range. It all goes back to broadhead tunning, shoot your broadheads with your feildtips and adjust the rest untill the group right. Once you broadheads and you feildtips group right you can resight in you bow and they should be dead on. Basically you should always do this before sighting in your bow otherwise your gonna have to redo it all again. I learned the hard way

10. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It is definitely a sign that your bow is slightly out of tune and by that I mean your arrow is not coming out of it exactly right. Fixed blades steer an arrow and if the bow is off it will show you. Like others have said, it may take a good bit of time, energy, effort and learning how to fix the problem correctly. If you don't have the time then the band-aid fix for now and perhaps this season is to adjust your sights to the broadheads. If that's the route you go then make sure you learn how to fix things after season is out.

11. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  12. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I did the spin test and I found out the the broached was bent. I shot a deer with the broadhead and since it was dull I figured it was smarter to shoot that at the target then a new sharp one. Shot a new broadhead and they are dead on!