Canon Vixia HF R600 Users out there....

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by tynimiller, Oct 22, 2015.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Couple questions....especially for those that have upgraded from it (realize it isn't a top tier piece) or used others.

-LANC capable?
    -Low light even visible?
    -Audio mic recommendations?
    -Other thoughts?

Also the model R62 and R60 have caught eye...if you have or do use those let me know thoughts.

I've tossed around the idea a long time and saw this on on Campbells....the G20 is still my choice because I feel the upgrade in cost will be very visible...but I'm also one to not care about gathering footage of a hunt or nothing...so quality of the footage or footage or nothing mentality doesn't exist so arguing with myself on whether justified or not.

Please just keep thoughts to the R600....I already realize the G20 or G30 or any other camera is a better option....not the question.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check w/ ****ie Tunes, he's got a used G20 setup for sale right now.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I've seen his set up...just a little more altogether than I'd like at moment to drop. Not to say it isn't worth what he wants or not.

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Also his is a XA20 not the G20.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly think the G20 is gonna win out anyways......despite the fact this one really caught my eye.

6. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the vixia r600 and it does all I need it too but it is my first camera also. It is not lanc capable . I bought a 50 dollar shotgun mic and I made my own handle/bracket to mount it to. IMO it does ok in low light but as said before its all I have owned

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    In a perfect world I think it would be my second angle cam...we shall see what I bring in with part time job and where I'm at heading into the spring when I'd like to purchase...if enough I'll go G20 if not this may get purchased knowingly full well it's limitations.

8. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my camera to use for filming my kids sporting events I had no intentions of taking it along hunting. Then one day I got a wild hair and Broadway and that was and I bought my camera to use for filming my kids sporting events I had no intentions of taking it along hunting. Then one day I got a wild hair and brought it well and that was that in the last six weeks or so I have started editing little movies and having all kinds of fun with it. Now 70% of the time or so I'm using it out in the woods doing some filming while I'm hunting or even while I'm working on habitat projects and other various things at the farm.i've really been having a lot of fun with the last few months

9. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Next spring I too would like to upgrade my camera strictly so I can get one that's capable of attaching all LANC controller