Need some insight, plot design for next year

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by cmlansdown, Oct 21, 2015.

1. cmlansdown

cmlansdown Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone, been reading a lot of info on here for a few months, and I have decided to start my own land management program. The property I'm going to discuss is owned by my parents. It is a 40 acre block with close to 20 being hardwood. The hardwoods stand over a a deep valley that continues into the next property line to the south, and meets the next property one ridge to the east. The large pond in the picture is due north as a reference point.

I have been using a moultree feeder on this property for about a year now to get a log of what deer are on the property, we have 3 mature does and 4 babies that were regularly using the feeder from June - Sept. We also has 2 younger spike bucks 2-3 yrs of age. I had some feeder and camera issues sometime in early Sept and didn't realize it until mid Oct. Leaving me with no idea as to what has stuck around at the moment. I have also marked the water sources on the property and one path I'm sure the deer are using to move to the feeder. I'm going to begin adding some cameras along trails to better evaluate their movement through the winter months.

This tract is in mid/southern Mo. I'm wanting to plant a couple kill plots on the property early next spring to bring in the deer. I'm just curious as if you think this will help my efforts or be worthless in this situation. There are no other owners near us who raise crops and 1 that has a food plot that I know of.

uploadfromtaptalk1445465660186.jpg

2. cmlansdown

cmlansdown Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure how to fix the blurry picture, if someone will let me know I'll post some others with better property description and a topo

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go with White clover.
    It greens up early and will hang in there for ya.