Xtreme Outdoor Products vs. Lone Wolf

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Greg / MO, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm in the market for a new stand... Perusing Cabela's website and come across Xtreme Outdoor Products' "Air Raid" ... which looks like an exact knockoff of Lone Wolf's Alpha Hang-on. I remember back in the days I was more heavily involved in the industry that I remember hearing LW's patent was about to expire... I guess I it did.

As I'm looking at it, I'm thinking "win-win"... same platform, same leveling mechanism, cheaper price... and I don't have to spend an extra $30 on an after-market seat pad.

Thoughts? Anyone with experience with them?

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have both, have yet to use the air raid. Other than a bit of cosmetics they are dang near a spitting image of each other.

Think the founder or his son is the one that created XOP after the patent expired. They were going to make the back bone as cast instead of square tube.

I can take pics of it if you want, won't be home for about an hour.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not to be a doosh bag, but what HASN'T been covered already? I never understood why bringing up threads that are months - years old to squash a new thread is practiced on here ...especially by it's pretty leader!

Think about it....if you want to keep that mindset ... just shut the forums down and be done with it... it's ALL rinse and repeat...

Sheesh the guy shoots an amazing buck and he gets all corrective and stuff ...

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Touche' lmao

6. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cool... thanks for the links. I read 90% of the posts until it fell under the "ad nauseum" category.

From what I gather, the folks sponsored by LW say they're the best... everyone else loves XOP.

Got it.

7. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    #gettingheated

8. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Disappointed with the defensive nature of this site against companies that do not sponsor it ... especially when said site is compared to one that does ...

9. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like my air raid, they're coming out with a smaller stand, the Vanish for next season if you're looking for lighter. It's supposed to be 8.5 lbs. Lone wolf had this year's ago.

10. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes!! Guess we have to start posting links from older threads for everything.

People using stands in hunting season means new information.

Hope this gets back on track, curious to other's opinions.

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if they improved the issues with the Lone Wolf climber??? That would be outstanding...

12. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a XOP air raid at scheels a few weeks ago and it looked horrible. There were gouges in the casting, tiny air pockets on the outside and a few other issues. I won't buy one just from that one exposure. My lone wolf that I got used and is one of their older styles looked newer then that one did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I see they now have the cast backbone, that is the one feature I wanted to hear about.

The one I have has the steel tubing like the LW. But getting it and 4 sticls for free not going to complain :lol:

Wish you could buy the backbone separately, I'd consider putting one on both my LW's and the XOP. I do like the extra thick seat though. Going to put that on the one I hang this weekend.

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I did not see this before. So glad a new thread was started for it. Personally, Im not a fan of LW current products. Maybe this will get them in gear to make something new. Dare I say...comfortable...

15. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Iv got an air raid and it's a nice stand. Cost me considerably less than a lone wolf and I'm very happy with it.
    That said, don't expect their release dates to be anywhere near correct. And don't expect to talk to anybody if you call them, or a response on social media. I'm hesitant to buy anything else for those reasons

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

16. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to get the new Air Raid by XOP and their new sticks but I held off for this year. I emailed Cody from XOP and they are working on a design like the new sticks have where you can interlock them together with no straps. They are working on a way to interlock them right to the stand for transporting them. I'm hoping next year as I thought the idea was pretty cool for packing in as you dont need any straps. LW has the quiver which is a good idea as well but just wasnt sold on it. Plus the XOP comes with the thicker seat cushion whereas LW you have to purchase separate. Either way, they both are top notch I think and comes down to personal preference and how much money you want to spend.

17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I LOVE my Alpha Hang on ...I have v=never felt so secure in a hang on stand...so quiet and comfortable ...if this other place is making the same deal but cheaper, sign me up!

I am really curious about their climber as I hate the LW climber for comfort and security while climbing

18. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The top of this box just delivered yesterday says it all for me. I try to support made in the USA products when I can. I understand that is not always possible but it is my choice. Nothing wrong with XOP products, I just choose Lone Wolf.

[​IMG]

19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I had the wide seat...I may feel different

20. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used my hand climber since 2009 and love it. Some recurring back and bicep issues have made climbing difficult this year so I bought the wide sit and climb top to make climbing easier.