Busted...what next?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Oct 10, 2015.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You have a doe that wont stop blowing. Do you take your mask off so she can see what you are and leave? Ive heard people say blow back but I cant seem to get that high pitched like they do when I try. Do you leave after knowing the spot is probably trashed or hunt out the rest of your night? Move the stand to another tree before your next hunt? How do you handle it?

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You shoot that dime dropper!!

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am with early in. If I have a tag any doe that acts a fool and raises a fuss gets a trip to my freezer. Those sentinel does are very good at alerting other deer of potential threats. So I like to remove them from the herd :) .

If I don't have a tag I usually wait them out. I have shot a buck an hour after a doe makes a scene with blowing and foot stomping. Never a trophy buck but I never shoot those anyway.

4. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Always shoot the doe that picks you out in your stand or she'll cause you problems till you shoot her or move your stand. As for the blowing, it rarely affects the movement of other deer if you let her blow till she's done and walk off...... but if you do something that sends her running, then she could drag a lot of deer with her (that big buck could be one of them).

I never worry to much about a doe blowing around my stand. They can and will blow at about anything and I've seen bucks pass through within a minute of them stopping, bucks never seem to bothered by it.