Anyone else waiting for harvest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by IABowHunter7, Oct 6, 2015.

1. IABowHunter7

IABowHunter7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Season started October 1st here but most hunting has been delayed for me. Most of my stands are not accessible when the crop is still in (with out jumping deer on the walk in). The itch to get out in the woods is getting worse by the day. Hopefully by mid October the crop is suppose to be out and hope to get a buck on the ground. Anyone else having the same problem?

2. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I actually have stands that I only hunt when the corn is in. Got some good bucks coming through so im trying to hunt them as much as possible before harvest. Then its back in the woods.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love using standing corn as a cover for my entrance. I literally hiked close to 2 miles of standing corn during the first 4 days of season. The walking part is terrible, especially when it's dark on the way out.....but the concealment on the way in/out is worth it.

4. Seth French

Seth French Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The farm I hunt is 500 acres and about 200 of it is corn. All but like 20 acres was cut before the season started and the last standing corn was coming down yesterday.

But it I killed a buck off one of the fresh cut fields on opening day.