Hypodermic vs Havoc

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Huxtamillion, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Huxtamillion

Huxtamillion Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got 2 doe this past weekend. First one I got with a G3 havoc. The broadhead never opened until it hit the ground. Clean double lung shot so it didn't run too far, but never deployed. (sorry, no pics) The next day I got a doe with my Hypodermic. I new I missed the mark low to the front but was hoping it was close enough to get the heart. There was literally no blood on the shaft, one speck on the vanes and failed the smell test. I thought it may have just grazed the deer. I let it sit for a couple hours while I contemplated if it was worth a trip through the briars looking for a deer that may be miles away. I figured I better at least look. less than 50 yards, I found her. The arrow caught the leg, cut through the sternum, nearly cut the heart in half and blew out the other side (must have deflected up a little from the sternum). Only a slightly bent blade. I will be shooting the Hypodermic from now on.
    20151003_100015.jpg
    20151003_104431.jpg
    20151003_102114.jpg
    20151003_104422.jpg
    20151003_131144.jpg

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you like them and congrats on taking a nice doe.

3. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is good news I just bought some hypodermics and was considering the g5s but always had good luck with the rage so that is what I bought. Sounds like I made a good choice

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man!! I love the Hypodermics. They have performed really well for me.

5. Huxtamillion

Huxtamillion Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'll stick with rage. The havoc seems to take too much force to open the blades in my opinion. I have 2 kills with hypodermic and 1 with havoc. The havoc ran 3 times as far as the 2 hypodermic put together. I'm color blind so cannot see blood on the ground. I have to depend on finding the actual deer. The faster it drops, the easier for me to find it.

6. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also second this. The Havoc takes WAY too much force IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk