SC Hurricane Folks...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by PinkPony, Oct 5, 2015.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just watched the news and saw how bad it was. Didn't know if we had any forum members in the area. Just checking to make sure everyone is okay.

2. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not even the hurricane either, just a stalled out frontal system. the hurricane is long gone. Crazy amount of rain there, a buddy of mine says that they are basically stranded until the water recedes.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah there was an upper level low stalled out and it tapped into the hurricane's moisture drawing it in.

Couldn't imagine getting all of that rain, could have been even worse if the more westerly track with landfall had panned out.

4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I saw pictures, most are definitely stranded. Seven reported deaths so far and way too much rain. Terrible. Hopefully all others can survive and the rain lets up soon.

5. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's what ended up crushing us too. The real threat would have been if the hurricane stayed true and came up the Chesapeake Bay. That would have been ugly. Just a ton of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jpeeples

Jpeeples Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in SC. We have had tons of rain. Other areas are flooded pretty bad, mainly the central part of SC. I live close to the SC/GA line. We have been getting the outskirts of most of the rain and it was a lot. The weather report says that its supposed to start slacking off today and tomorrow will be partly cloudy. Have not seen the sky in a week. I may just be able to hunt this evening. I sure hope so, I am sure they will be moving pretty good.