Buck home range question

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by whitetailjunky3, Oct 3, 2015.

1. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So i have this nice buck on camera 2 nights ago. I figure its to early for them to be crusing for does. I know theres a doe bedding area in the direction he was heading tho. I am just wondering if he might be a local buck crusing or its his home so i can get some cameras moved around and get a shot on him. This is the first picture of him. But i know they travel different then does. The picture shows where camera is (green dot) orange dot is creek.

Attached Files:

2. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What state are you in? How many cameras and how many acres? If you're Midwest and not too worried about scaring him off, scout for sign all along the creek, maybe midday during a rain to keep scent down and look for rub line or scrape. If u don't find any big buck sign than he was passing through or uses a different travel route (not the creek). You would prob know travel corridors better than I can tell from the aerial?

3. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im in ohio its about 30 acres of woods i have a few cameras i can move around back there. Theres alot of sign every fall in woods. I just have never seen this buck before usually its the smaller ones i get on camera all the time.

4. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck btw. Not uncommon for excursions as the bachelor groups break up. But it might even be a little early for that? Probably passing thru.