HELP!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Oct 1, 2015.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I just got home late last night from 2 weeks of work. Before I went out I was shooting pretty good for me. Today I went and shot again, and was again shooting good. I decided to just make sure to check the Killzones (normally hit pretty much where field point does) since the plan was to be in the woods tomorrow. They are all over the place. All 3 of them. At 30 yards I missed the target. Thought maybe because I didn't line the cock feather with the blade. So fixed that. Shot, and missed. Found my sight was a tiny bit loose. Easy fix. Shot, missed. All 3 I could see some obvious wobble. I cleaned off all 3 arrows. Spin test seemed more then good enough. Went to 20 yards to check sights. Perfect. Good 3 shot group, no wobble/kick in flight that I could see. Stepped back to 30, feather splitting the 2 blades. Shot, missed. Lined feather with the blade, shot and it wobbled so hard I hit the target with my wrap/feathers (can see the scuff mark) and deflected off and missed. Whats happening??????

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also, timing looks good and no signs of feathers hitting cables or rest

3. bassmasterjk

bassmasterjk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bump. I'd like to hear some ideas also QUOTE=cmonsta;1149509]Also, timing looks good and no signs of feathers hitting cables or rest[/QUOTE]

4. bassmasterjk

bassmasterjk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hmh.....

5. Davis

Davis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This has me a little bit puzzeled, is your rest solid and functioning as it should?

6. Fezzik

Fezzik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very new to archery so forgive me if my terminology isn't up to par, but this sounds like an issue I had last year. I was shooting fine for several days in a row and suddenly everything was sporadic. I checked sights, arrows, heads, etc, until finally it the bow made a very odd sound on draw and the string actually came off while drawing.
    turns out, the tiny "c" clamp ( don't know the real name, but it's shaped like a C) that is on the outside of the bolt that holds the cam on had actually come off on one side' allowing the cam to lean depending on how I was holding it. I shot for a good 30 minutes before I leaned it so far while investigating that the cam actually allowed the string to come off.
    Now, I know nothing about Matthews, that particular bow last year was a Bear and I shoot a Hoyt now, but my Hoyt Still has the tiny c shaped clamps on the outside. Check to see if yours are there

7. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    try some different broadheads and see how they fly. if the same thing is happening then it is your bow. maybe have a buddy shoot it to make sure it isn't you. just start eliminating things to narrow it down a bit.

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing they are the same weight? even if they weren't, I would think they'd have that big of a difference though...

I'm stumped. All the bolt's on you rest tight?

did you try swapping around what arrows they are on?

... This is weird.

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the responses. Had my bow looked over very well and no issues found. I bought some heavier spined arrows to try. The guy at the shop also thinks my grip might have something to do with it. I have been shooting Mathews for 8 years, not sure how the way I have been holding my bow for 8 years could one day out of no where change the flight of my arrow, but trying to stay open minded. I do agree itll make me a better shooter, and praying it helps with the broadhead. I did a ton of blind bail shooting last night and this morning getting used to the new hand position. When the rain gives me a break, I will screw in the killzones and see if the new grip and arrows help. If so, I can hunt this afternoon. If not, I sell my bow and get ready for rifle season haha. Fingers crossed, I don't really like rifle hunting lol

10. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not an expert but I would check your BHs and make sure that the blades are not bent.

11. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    nothing against your heads but try a totally different brand to see if you get groups. if so your current heads are junk.

12. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are your blades opening on flight? Doesn't seem likely to happen to all of them though.

13. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Blades were fine as not opening in flight that I could tell. Doubt all 3 would be defected like that. The 300 spine seems to be helping. Enough to get me in the woods, holding to a 30 yard max until I have more time and money to play around with the set up and fine tune it. I can not afford to be tearing through broadheads and arrows right now lol

14. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    glad to see you getting back out in the woods!