Custom-built camcorder mount for crossbows $44 shipped

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Gear' started by jab862, Sep 23, 2015.

1. jab862

jab862 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Some time ago I designed a camcorder mount for my crossbow and one for a fellow hunter. I am a retired Industrial Arts teacher and enjoy the challenge of improving something or constructing something new to fill a need. In this case the design worked so good I decided to try having a company produce and sell the mount. I was encouraged by my results and came so close to my goal with at least three different companies. However through bad luck I am still looking for a producer / retailer.

With this in mind, I decided on my own to produce a VERY LIMITED amount to test the market, get feedback, and look for a solution. This mount works!!! It is simple to mount on a picatinny rail and is completely adjustable. I have not seen anything like it and the companies and the people that have seen it are impressed, just not to the point of putting their money where their mouth is “so to speak”! I just could not leave it go so in my very small workshop with not a lot of equipment I decided to make some prototypes. I made these myself in my home in Ohio not China. I don’t have the equipment and etc to mass produce them. I am not a company so in order not to get in legal problems I thought it would be safer to ask for a donation for a complete mount in the amount of $44 including shipping and an additional $10 for the added GoPro mount if you want it. I have exclusively used my camcorder so I can offer no guarantees on the GoPro picture quality. As for camcorders, check out some of my videos. As I said before I have a very small amount and I will not make any more but with some feedback and help maybe some day I can go into production. This may sound like a sales pitch or a scam but it really isn’t. My videos speak for me. The only thing you will need is a small camcorder and lighted nocks if you want to follow the arrow, without lighted nocks you are only watching the animal reactions. With this setup you can see where you hit or missed and relive the hunt over and over!

The mount is less than 5 ounces, installs in minutes and works. The camcorder can be taken off and put in your backpack and, leaving the rail mount on the rail, the camcorder can be reinstalled in the dark if necessary and will be perfectly lined up from where it was originally set. The pictures are of the exact design so I don’t want to show real closeups to protect my design. Of course someone can buy it and copy but I am asking for honor and decency among people in our sport.

I will try to answer emails asap, thanks. I will accept PayPal and will setup payment and shipping through e-mail.

[email protected] Thanks, Jeff.

Following is a YouTube playlist of 8 videos that really show its design, functions and possibilities.

Camcorder crossbow mount (8 video playlist)
    https://goo.gl/876o7K

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a pretty good idea! I watched the videos. Not to take away anything from the product but the vid of piebald deer was awesome!

3. jab862

jab862 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I still have a few left, if you are interested, thanks.