Big and J

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alenhard15, Sep 21, 2015.

1. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone here tried the Big and J BB2? Its legal to bait here in NC and I am considering trying it out have you guys had success with this product?

2. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't use it as bait but put cameras over it during the spring and summer. I use the block and both types of bagged attractants. It has worked well for what I use it for, can't see it not working for baiting.

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy uses it for in front of camera's in OH and the deer seem to love it.

4. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy just starting putting it out a couple of weeks ago. We checked the card today and was not that impressed. There was a couple of young bucks that showed up that we had not seen before but for the price I think I will keep using Acorn Rage and persimmon flavored corn. They love it and can get twice as much for the price

5. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Corn and sweet feed works even better and I can get much more for the money.

6. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had great success using it to top dress corn in front of a trail cam to inventory deer on my property. I recommend trying it.

7. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Save your money...I've bought multiple bags for numerous properties (at one time) and it didn't pull anything but coons to each camera. Get a few bags of corn, a trophy rock and pour some Big&J Liquid Luck over the rock and enjoy a few thousand pics in a weeks time. Upon opening and pouring the first bag of Liquid Luck, I actually emailed the company, Big&J, asking if I got an old or bad product because it smelled absolutely terrible and was a thick dark brown substance..they said no and that's how it was supposed to be. I thought I made a huge mistake pouring it out anyway but wow...results overnight lasting for about a month, or 20,000 pics. I really want to try the new Big&J Meltdown but the Bass Pro and Cabelas in my area are yet to carry it.

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use it to bring them in for pictures too and they seem to love it.

9. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Two thumbs up from me also!

10. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Big and J works, but the cost to benefit ratio is pretty steep when compared to a good old pile of corn and some monster raxx spray attractant. Corn is going about $12 for a hundred pounds right now here in KS, and a bottle of monster raxx whitetail magnet runs $15 and will spray down literally tons and tons of corn. It brings deer in very well IMO too.