Hunting stabilizer length.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KjKlump, Sep 18, 2015.

1. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the market for a stabilizer, looking at the dead silent carbons from dead center archery.
    Just wondering what length do you guys feel it starts to do something.
    I've always had the short rubbery ones that really only take out some shock.

Length for storage won't be an issue as I'll be getting the quick connect. I'm back and forth between the 8" and the 10".

2. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A stabilizer is not effective until it is long enough to protrude past the imaginary line between the outside edge of the limb pockets. I have a 10" Beestinger and I do notice a difference shooting with it. Albeit, a small difference. I haven't had any issues with that length, and I don't see myself coming across any, just because of where I hunt. I shot with both the 8" and 10" when I was buying them and I didn't notice a difference between those two in groupings, but I got a much better feel and balance with the 10". It adds a bit of weight, for sure. But I like the feel of a heavier, more solid bow.

3. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used an 8" carbon stabilizer this year on my Nitrum. I was at first not even using one, but since I've put it on, there is a difference in how the bow feels when it shoots - a little easier for me to follow through with the shot.

4. Mark Vick

Mark Vick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had some experience in hunting with a bow, so I am agree with you, that 8" carbon stabilizer a little easier to follow through with the shot. Today I prefer hunting with rifle , because I can use different cool things like a night vision or cameras etc.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015