GPS app with ability to lay tracks???

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Killemquietly, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Killemquietly

Killemquietly Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What's everybody using? I've downloaded more apps to use for hunting and none seem satisfactory. I really like Scoutlook, but they just updated and made it more complicated. I've looked at Trimble, sportsman tracker, scoutlook, geo tracker, huntstand, act in nature, and my tracks to name a few. I'm looking for one that lays down a trail, not just lets you mark a location. If scoutlook had that it'd be as close to perfect as I need. Any input appreciated....the season is upon us.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use My Tracks. It works great. Uses GPS for the tracks and your internet for the map. If you are going somewhere without service you can cashe the map ahead of time so that you will still have it while you are in the area. The GPS works even when the maps don't. You can upload your tracks into Google Earth too. I save my tracks to Google Drive then I can access them from any device I'm using.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  3. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use Trimble huntGPS to track my hunts. I've never had issues with not having service and still tracking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

4. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    OnXHunt Maps... on a hand held GPS, keeps your tracks, shows public/private land, gives land owners names for contact to get permission, set waypoints for easy return to stand or down deer/elk, they also have a mobile version for your smart phone...

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    MotionX GPS. I using it for hunting, running, and occasionally driving. Send my tracks & waypoints via email and open them in Google earth on my desktop. Very happy with it.

6. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the my tracks app for atv rides, works perfect everytime even where I know I don't have cell service