First Bow

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by witbrit, Sep 16, 2015.

1. witbrit

witbrit Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am new to bow hunting and just bought my first bow. I have not even received it yet. Its a Diamond Infinite Edge. Does anybody have some good tips or suggestions for a brand new bow hunter? Any suggestions on what arrows, broad heads (Love the Kill zone from the show) or accessories I should get?

2. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As soon as you get ur bow go to a good pro shop and have them help you out. Get ur draw length and weight set correctly and they can help u pick out the correct arrows and other misc. equipment. Have them help with form also it's a lot easier to learn the correct way than to try and unlearn the bad form you would develope with no guidance. Then SHOOT as much as possible so you just naturally use the correct form and muscles and above all have fun!!!!

3. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Adamc is right that is the best way let the guys at a pro shop help learning to shoot a bow will take a little practice most everyone on here has been shooting awhile and look at all the questions. Try the buttons on the top of the page there is a lot of good info there

4. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yep... what they said... find a good shop to set up the bow to fit you, install a rest, site, peep, release,and tune it... ask them to show you correct form and release... then PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE

5. witbrit

witbrit Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Everyone Cant wait to get my bow and head to the pro shop!