badlands pack vs tensling vs eberestock ??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rick-florida, Sep 14, 2015.

1. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Would anyone have any thoughts on these backpacks that they'd like to share: badlands point, badlands 2200, tensing 2220, and eberestock X-2. would be used for still-hunting / ground blind hunting deer, bear, turkey in New England in Oct/Nov and carry hunting gear, extra layers, rain gear, lunch, etc for all day hunts. normal distance walked is 3 miles. tried a couple of them on at Cabelas and after hunting for 50+ years its time to get a nice pack. this forum is the fount of knowledge on bowhunting and would appreciate your comments. thanks

2. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Badlands

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an Eberlestock similar to the Tactical Halftrack. It's a very nice quality pack. I really like the design of the X2 and had contemplated it on a couple occasions. They are excellent packs, but pretty expensive. I've seen both the Badlands and the Tensing. Both are nice packs, not of the same build quality as the Eberlestock. they seem to be built out of heavier material.

I'll throw another suggestion out there for you to look at. Check out the Alps Outdoorz Extreme packs. They are a very nice build quality. I would say heavier material than both the Badlands and the Tenzing, but a little lighter than the Eberlestock. I just purchased the Traverse X. I haven't had a chance to put it to the test, but overall quality is very impressive. They have aluminum stays in the back of the pack to keep the load off your back supported. Nice quality padded hip belt and shoulder straps.

http://outdoorz.alpsbrands.com/products/extreme

On top of that, if you purchase from their site you get free shipping and can use the code scoutlook and get 50% off through September. I actually called them to place my order because their system was down. They had very nice customer service and I got my pack in about 3 days.

Just something else to look at.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Quality wise I don't see much diffent even between those three companies as they mostly over run of the mill type pack, that said eberestock is the one that most likely will be able to cross over the best....I have seen the X2 used with decent results for what your asking for. In fact I bought one for my father for a moose hunt to do some light hauling .....

5. rick-florida

Dislikes Received:
    thanks greatly for the help. exactly what I needed. v/r rick

6. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any of those packs but I have always been a fan of Badlands...just find them to be a quality product with great customer service.

7. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No specific information, but I did return a tenzing pack after 3 years from purchase because a strap broke where it was sewn. They sent me a brand new pack without many questions. Good customer service.

8. rick-florida

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, again can't thank you enough. the personal accounts are what I needed to add some sanity to the advertisements and their testimonials. all the companies mentioned seem high end that back their products. I checked each website and would buy three packs if I could. right now leaning real hard on the ALPs Pursuit X pack which is going half price at 85 bucks which is designed by bow hunters for bow hunters. thanks again and good hunting.

9. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received: