Scentmaster Box Anyone???

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by tynimiller, Sep 12, 2015.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay....thinking about ordering one yet for this year....anyone use one and have thoughts?

2. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be interested to see how it works. I gave the ozone thing a shot. Today I finally hung my clothes in a wooden locker I built.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I run ozone in truck with window cracked each night of season (needs air to work properly). I don't recommend running it in a sealed container though as one it will create slight moisture and won't work properly as it is my understanding the ozone units must have air to work. Discussions have started with wife about getting me a utility shed that'll I'll insulate and finish out by hand and finish it into my "scent" hunting shed right by the garage...probably even pump some kind of heat into it, even if electric as it won't have to run all the time. I'll run an ozone machine in there as well as probably get a portable closet for it as well.

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one of the originals that is half the size and price of the new ones. I ordered a spare replacement motor for it a couple of yrs a go....just waiting for the original to give up the ghost.....after 16 yrs. I use it to regenerate my charcoal clothing and I set my Ozonics over top of the intake of the motor to pull in the ozone. This blasts ozone through your clothes. This box was a great idea.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    If anyone sees a coupon for this thing in the coming days let me know....decided I'm gonna grab one, just figured I'd wait for best deal.

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Ordered one...will do a full review of thoughts come the spring after this hunting season.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome I look forward to the review. I was wanting one as well, decided to stick with the plastic storage box I have that's about the same size and a small cheap Ozone generator. Hope that works for me this year, then will look into one of these when there are more reviews on it.

Off topic but since you use one, with the Ozone there will be a smell right? Im new to it. Mine does have an odor, almost like the smell after a thunder storm kind of?

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yup that is exactly what it smells like. Truck one gets run using a big one, and my totes get a short burst using the small ones made by scentlok. I'll even run those small ones in my blinds while hunting at times too.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    The scentmaster won't replace my totes but make it possible to quickly treat and dry out the clothes I wear in the field and transport some of them back and forth. I fully expect my sealed totes will always be a staple but the Box will help me limit the number of times I have to hand wash my clothes by drying them instantly, eliminating bacteria growth and I'll run my ozone machine by it's intake so it will pump carbon filtered nearly pure ozone through the box too.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  10. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thank you man! Yeah I agree completely. I look forward to hearing this box worked great for you!

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh and in the offseason I'm going to be either adding a utility shed converted entirely into my hunting "closet/building" or build a sealed four walled and roofed closet in my garage for everything. Once that is done I'll be good scent wise except to some day maybe add a devoted washer and dryer....the really small ones used in rv's and such have really caught my eye.

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    About the same plan here. I already have the washer and dryer just need to get the hook up for it. And I was just pricing out some sheds the other day. Not the cheapest addition to my hunting equipment but I think it would be worth every dollar. How would you get rid of the wood smell in them? Ozone for a while and windows open and over time it should mostly go away I assume right?

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Guys I know have installed everything from drywall to luan sheets others just plywood then sealer or paint it to seal them, ventilate and bam you have a sealed room (calk them up too obviously). My dream is to someday own land and a long pre-built shed would be segmented off on the insider into a small cabin type setting/scent room.

14. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL obsess much? I gotta say the more I hunt the less I am concerned with all that. Not to say I don't try to keep things clean and scent free as possible, but I have come to realize that NO amount of all that stuff is gonna in ANY way make you anywhere near "scent free" You gonna put an ozone machine on your mouth too?? lol Don't mean to sound condescending, But multiple ozone units, expensive fancy totes, separate laundry units.... You just paid for a CO elk tag...:) TWICE

Question, thought I read once that confined ozone like that was pretty hard on clothing? Especially elastic?

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    If not enough sufficient air flow is present or fresh air pulled in every now and then immense amounts of ozone in the air isn't good and will dampen everything anyways. :D

Bahaha, I know on the Elk comment I know...but I am trying to avoid having another obsession and I know they'd snag me!! Yeah anyone that thinks they can completely conquer the nose of a deer is an idiot (sorry for being blunt...). However, I'm gonna do all I can to lesson my scent, even if it makes a small difference I'll take it but it also makes me feel more confident which I guess confidence is part of the ingredients to success.

You get anything good on cam at the new spot yet?

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Also you got a dedicated room for hunting stuff...more or less that's what it would be either if I build a "closet room" or get the shed. Probably get one of those portable closet things for the clothes that aren't kept in totes or the scent box. Have a work bench for arrows/broadheads/cams and such too.

17. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:

A boat load of yotes :( We saw quite a few deer Friday eve but no bucks, Checked and moved a couple cams on Sun afternoon so less than 48hrs on the first check. No deer on those two cams though, they are there, no doubt about it just gotta find the right spots. Found some fresh rubs, the place is just a friggin maze though. Gonna just focus on the edges for now and see what gives.

18. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya, was largely just yankin your chain Ty except for the elk tag part :) I am sooo ruined

19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I'm still plannin on going to the camp in 2016....may just get a mulie and tag along with some elk group that way I can learn and live it the first go and be the mulie guy in the group.....I fully plan on it not being good for future pocket book plans.

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well Kansas public ground is on the radar for either 2016 (maybe before or after Elk chasin) or 2017 so I'll help kill some yotes while out there chasing public land Kansas giants! :)