9/11

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Sep 11, 2015.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never forget! Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of those lost on that day and the impact on our Country. Surprised there was no thread yet (unless I missed it).

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hope we never forget, but it seems there's a large part of this country, including the government that has done just that.

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, we can't forget those who lost their lives that day. I spent quite a bit of time in my class this morning discussing it and reminding them about the 4 planes, the lost lives, the bravery of law enforcement and emergency personnel during that time. We also talked about how we pulled together as a country. Let's not forget!

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is a day for many generations that they will never forget where they were and what they were doing when they heard about the attack. I was waiting to get flown out of the BWCA on a beaver float plane after prepping a control line with a crew for a large prescribed fire. We were in the wilderness for 7 days and had no contact to get info on current events, we were packed up and ready to head back to civilization. We were told over the radio that the plane would not be coming to pick us up because all aircraft in the country were grounded because of an attack on the country. With a wife and kids at home and no way to call home to see if it was OK waiting for canoes to get us out was painfully slow.

5. Mwebber1026

Mwebber1026 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Impossible to forget. I was in High school history class, one of the office women came around from room to room to tell all the teachers not to turn the tv's on because of what happened. My teacher sat down at his desk and thought for a couple moments. Jumped up and started telling all of us what happened and to call are parents and see what they knew. Since a good majority of the Parents worked in the city it turned into total chaos. He did turn the TV on for us to watch and stay updated. I am fortunate to not have known anybody that lost there life or was injured that day. But I have goose bumps thinking about some of the kids from school that lost loved ones. Prayers to everyone involved and lost that day. 9/11/01..... NEVER FORGET

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still wonder where I would be in life if my father had actually stayed with the plans that he had originally made and not had switched his flight the night before. He stills has the flight 93 plane ticket in his book case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk