Thoughts for Tree Stand Placement for New Property

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Tannerb34, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Tannerb34

Tannerb34 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is a new property that I got permission to hunt for this fall. I won't be able to do any scouting before the season starts, but I am just wondering your thoughts for tree stand placement locations for the rut? I am open to any opinions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Funnel of woods between west field edge and that open grassy area is one. Otherwise hard to say without knowing what's in the fields.

3. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The funnel on the middle left or the long thin open strip of land on the middle right. I'd really try to get a day or two of scouting in though. Is anything planted in the fields?

4. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd look at the small clearing in the south along the ravine or the small opening between that and the field in the north middle.

5. mt10harm

mt10harm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you use this site. http://photoephemeris.com/. Its for photographers but I use it for hunting. It will show you the sunrise/sunset direction for the days you plan to hunt. It can be useful in picking stand location so your not looking into the sun while shooting.
    I would look at the funnels and any ridge point that faces south or southern slope to it.

6. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the hardwood bench above the drop off directly on the 1000' topo line. It looks like a dynamite funnel between the open field and the drop off.
    Also, the hardwood finger on the east side of the deep creek. It looks harder to access though. Good luck.