HELP! Hogg Father vs. Boss Hogg

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by CThorn, Sep 2, 2015.

?

Hogg Father or Boss Hogg

1. Hogg Father

50.0%
  2. Boss Hogg

50.0%
  1. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know this should probably go somewhere else, but I wanted some quick responses as I will pull the trigger and buy one of these sights tonight. Which of these sights do you prefer for hunting?!

2. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    might even toss in the Fast Eddie into the mix.. what do you all think?

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Of the 3 I would say Fast Eddie. They all are good sights and if you run out of arrows you can always beat your prey with the sight to finish the job. So they are indeed though. I say Fast Eddie only because it has the same warranty but is much lighter. If you stand hunt all the time then that will not matter.

I prefer the Boss Hogg over the Hog Father because the dial is closer to the shooter so its less movement to adjust. Good Luck!!

4. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been contemplating trying the Fast Eddie with the double pin. Just haven't read enough reviews yet to give up my IQ Pro and still not quite sure how the double single pin system is supposed to work.

Let us know what you pick and then come back with a review!

5. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    As I understand it the second pin is not adjustable. Not sure the value if that is the case.

6. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're right on that. The second pin is just another little dot underneath the normal single pin. You cant adjust it, it always stays at the same spot underneath the normal pin on top.. Did some research on that lol.

Ended up going with the Boss Hogg, seemed like a middle ground. Also seemed like the right choice since I normally always stand hunt and may get into some 3D shooting later on. Still a pricy sight, but not $340 like the hogg father would have run me. I'll be getting it friday and will be setting it up over the weekend. I'll let ya guys know how I like it! Thanks for the input.

7. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah appears. So. Didn't know if you aright top in for say 20, then the lower one is good for say 30 or 40.

Clearly I know so little that I should probably just shut up. Also, I guess my IQ has been working well enough that I haven't taken the time to research things.

I just hate how tight my 20 and 30 (and even 40) pins are that I keep getting the urge to try a single pin.

8. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely don't shut up. We all learn from each other and your input is just as valuable as anyone else.

Single pins are great but take some getting used to. This will be the first year I will try them for hunting. Little nervous but have a fixed sight ready just in case. :tu:

9. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    HHA kingpin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This reason alone is what motivated me to buy a single pin... I'm gonna keep my multi-pin just incase I cant stand a single, but I have high hopes for this sight.