Decoys Flambeau vs Carry Lite

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by doublehelix8, Sep 2, 2015.

1. doublehelix8

doublehelix8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going to be purchasing a decoy for the first week of November this year (taking a week vacation). Should I get the Flambeau Boss Buck or the Carry Lite Buck? Should I also purchase a doe decoy? I ordered some Conquest VS1 liquid to be delivered the first week of November and I already have the Rutting buck stick. Any advice and experiences would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

2. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Flambeau doe last year and the thing is very realistic, but a pain to carry into the field. The doe is also a lot smaller than the boss buck so I couldn't imagine carrying that in. If I didn't have such a far hike it wouldn't be a big deal though. Great decoy though.

3. DannyM

DannyM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am a longtime goose hunter and new to bow hunting and am considering using a decoy. I've heard that Montana decoys are good. But, I already have a 3D target and a wondering if it would work or is it best to buy something else. Are full bodies better than a flat decoy like Montana?

4. Butzler

Butzler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Flambeau Buck and Doe they look pretty realistic but they are a pain to carry and the ones I have the legs fall off so I ended up permenitally mounting them on. However I have had bucks fight with them and try to breed them.

5. DannyM

DannyM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks much.

6. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Boss buck hands down

7. ccspinners

ccspinners Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one of the Montana (or a knock off brand) and I love how easy it is to carry, but I can't seem to get the smell of plastic off of it. It looks great from afar, but I can smell it. If I can get the scent off it, I'll love it. If I can't get the scent off I won't use it. I've tried to spray it down, and left outside for a good week now... I bought it last year so was hoping it would lose the smell.

Anyone have an idea t remove the scent?

Tags: