My setup..am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by R22, Sep 1, 2015.

1. R22

R22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since I'm still in the learning stage I thought I'd post my setup and let you guys tell me if I'm doing something wrong..haha.

Mission Craze 28" ~50 lbs (my scale gets here Wednesday) I'm a small guy so the weight could probably be higher but I get a little stiff sitting in subzero temperatures for multiple hours. :(

Trophy Ridge 4 pin sight

QAD Ultra HDX rest

Limbsaver 5" stabilizer

Limbsaver absorbers

Easton Bloodlines 400 gpi 7.7

Blazer vanes

Muzzy MX-3 Broadheads

Cheap Tru Fire release

I think that's about it. Am I missing something crucial? Are the arrows a good match for the bow and broadheads? Any tips for a novice?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You could probably shoot 480 Bloodline's at 50# but the 400's will be fine plus give you a little more weight. I shoot 500 spine Fatboy's out of my 50# target bow and 400 Bloodlines out of my 60# hunting bow.

You might want to consider a cut on contact broadhead for better penetration but I used the MX-3 and took a few deer before I switched to QAD heads.

3. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The arrows will go good if you are going to increase draw weight. The best way to do that is just shooting a lot and getting your bow muscles built up which is hard to isolate when lifting weights. Looks like you have everything as far as archery equipment to take to the woods.

4. bowhuntingbebout

bowhuntingbebout Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Different broad heads and practice, practice, practice.

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your setup is fine. Just be sure to shoot your broadheads to make sure they group with your field points. Stay away from the shoulder and only take broadside or slight quartering shots. Maybe limit your range to 30 yards to start off until you build confidence. Good luck!!